Totv

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2018, 09:02 AM
fw102807
Default Totv

Sometimes I read this forum and think I have entered the Twilight Zone and sometimes it just seems like Groundhog Day.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Sometimes I read this forum and think I have entered the Twilight Zone and sometimes it just seems like Groundhog Day.
What made you say that this morning, she asked.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:17 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What made you say that this morning, she asked.
Just watching people go round and round, over and over again with absolutely no possibility of a consensus.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Platinum member

The Villages Florida
Old 03-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
The Villages Florida
Yep.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Sage

I haven't participated in a year or so. Does anyone still care whether or not a cyclist stops at a stop sign? [Niagara Falls]
Old 03-08-2018, 10:00 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I haven't participated in a year or so. Does anyone still care whether or not a cyclist stops at a stop sign? [Niagara Falls]
Not unless they are carrying a gun
Old 03-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Hey, fw, I see you signed on in 2016. You ain’t seen nuthin’!

I admit to being rather embarrassed by that 2007 date you see up there in the corner of my posts — and my ridiculous number of posts.

I found TOTV a few years before we bought. I had been searching for a site that would give me “the word on the street” regarding TV. I wanted info, anecdotal evidence. This is where I found it.

In the old days (says Boomer with a nostalgic, far-away look in her eyes) there was a much smaller number of posters. Tony, who was one of the original owners, kept his eye on the day-to-day operations and saw to it that the place was comfortable and fun. I always thought his career as a newspaper editor was what helped him to have just the right touch. He let us “converse” but he sure could spot a troll or trouble brewing and would “nip it in the bud.” He was “the man behind the curtain.”

I had signed on to TOTV for information, got that, and stayed around for the fun. The site sold in 2011 and is something different now. It is a numbers game mostly but there are a few hidden gems to be found along the way.

There are a few of those “old” posters here still and I have wondered if others are out there reading here once in a while. I have tried to stop looking in, but now and then, I see a post, (like the first one in this thread) and I have to respond (usually with a dissertation) or I see a question I think I can help with. Or I am just avoiding work I should be doing — like I am now.

Most people probably have migrated to Facebook. I am the only person in the world not on Facebook, though some of my friends give me s%#t about that. But I have no need to have thousands of faceless “friends.” I know far too much now about people’s politics, etc. I do not want to know more. I do not need to see a picture of somebody’s dinner, nor do I need to read or pass along some platitudinous, c#@p.

But TOTV still pulls me in. I can see what I want and leave the rest. And maybe help somebody out once in a while. And, though rarely, give somebody a little sass.

Anyway, I guess I am here for a while. I laugh sometimes because I imagine I hear a stage direction like, “Enter, stage right, (insert name here)” because some of us are characters and I know where a thread will go.

Nice to meetcha, fw. And if you are still reading my post — thank you.

Sincerely,
Boomer (who has “stayed too long at the fair.”)
Old 03-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Just watching people go round and round, over and over again with absolutely no possibility of a consensus.
You’re wrong! And eventually I WILL convince you!!
Old 03-08-2018, 10:47 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hey, fw, I see you signed on in 2016. You ain’t seen nuthin’!

I admit to being rather embarrassed by that 2007 date you see up there in the corner of my posts — and my ridiculous number of posts.

I found TOTV a few years before we bought. I had been searching for a site that would give me “the word on the street” regarding TV. I wanted info, anecdotal evidence. This is where I found it.

In the old days (says Boomer with a nostalgic, far-away look in her eyes) there was a much smaller number of posters. Tony, who was one of the original owners, kept his eye on the day-to-day operations and saw to it that the place was comfortable and fun. I always thought his career as a newspaper editor was what helped him to have just the right touch. He let us “converse” but he sure could spot a troll or trouble brewing and would “nip it in the bud.” He was “the man behind the curtain.”

I had signed on to TOTV for information, got that, and stayed around for the fun. The site sold in 2011 and is something different now. It is a numbers game mostly but there are a few hidden gems to be found along the way.

There are a few of those “old” posters here still and I have wondered if others are out there reading here once in a while. I have tried to stop looking in, but now and then, I see a post, (like the first one in this thread) and I have to respond (usually with a dissertation) or I see a question I think I can help with. Or I am just avoiding work I should be doing — like I am now.

Most people probably have migrated to Facebook. I am the only person in the world not on Facebook, though some of my friends give me s%#t about that. But I have no need to have thousands of faceless “friends.” I know far too much now about people’s politics, etc. I do not want to know more. I do not need to see a picture of somebody’s dinner, nor do I need to read or pass along some platitudinous, c#@p.

But TOTV still pulls me in. I can see what I want and leave the rest. And maybe help somebody out once in a while. And, though rarely, give somebody a little sass.

Anyway, I guess I am here for a while. I laugh sometimes because I imagine I hear a stage direction like, “Enter, stage right, (insert name here)” because some of us are characters and I know where a thread will go.

Sincerely,
Pleased to meet you Boomer, you sound like fun!
Old 03-08-2018, 10:48 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You’re wrong! And eventually I WILL convince you!!
Good luck with that, my attention span isn't that long.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Because there are more "TROLLS" here than in Norway: Trolls of Norway—Facts and Fiction | Owlcation
Old 03-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
“Enter, stage right, (insert name here)” because some of us are characters and I know where a thread will go.

Sincerely,
You are quoting Snagglepuss not Betty Boop or Popeye. You can't be that old.
Closed Thread

Tags
groundhog, popcorn, day, zone, entered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.