Mitigating Lighting Fires in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Default Mitigating Lighting Fires in the Villages

There has been a lot of discussion in the Talk of the Villages and interest in Lightning fires in the Villages. Many people have questions about this subject including myself. There has been a very good study done on this subject by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). It is long but worth looking at. It would be worth anybody's time to look at it and talk to people about it.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelDuhamp View Post
There has been a lot of discussion in the Talk of the Villages and interest in Lightning fires in the Villages. Many people have questions about this subject including myself. There has been a very good study done on this subject by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). It is long but worth looking at. It would be worth anybody's time to look at it and talk to people about it.

Many of us realize that this area is part of "The lightning capital of the U.S.".

Welcome to the forum, Marcel. I see this is your first post. Could you summarize some of the important information in the study you reference?

For instance, will lightning rods help? Someone recently advertised water sprinklers installed inside of a home. Is that something discussed in this study?

Could you further explain?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.