New TOV member needs RV answers

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Default New TOV member needs RV answers

Hi everyone...

I recently discovered this forum, and it's pretty interesting stuff. I am going to retire in a couple of years, and am really interested in TV. My wife and I have been there several times, and always make it a stop when we visit Central FL.

I like everything I see except for one thing.... Is there any restrictions on parking a class B motor home in your driveway? A class B is just a big conversion van, but I would need a 9 foot garage door to park it in a garage. Can I alter a garage to accomodate a 9 foot door, or would the architectural control nazis kill that idea?

How about in the historical side? Maybe some of the carports would be high enough for it, but even then would it be allowed?

I wish TV had an RV section that would allow RV port homes, but that's not likely. I really love my little motor home, and it might be a deal breaker for me even though my first choice for retirement is TV. Thanks in advance for the replies.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: New TOV member needs RV answers

I don't know about keeping a class-B on the driveway, but I do know the rules for my class-A say I can keep it in front of my house for 3 days to make packing and un-packing reasonable. I have a spot in one of the local storage facilities for longer-term storage ($54/mo which is pretty reasonable for a 35 foot MH). I'd suspect a class-B would cost less, but I am not sure.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Sage

linlin... from the sumter district website:

Trucks, Trailers, Recreational Vehicles, Campers and Boats: All such vehicles require a clearance from your Neighborhood Watch representative to park in The Villages. A clearance is issued for a maximum of 72 hours. Vehicles which fit in a garage are exempt.

This is for all areas south of 466. Best advice is to call the deed restriction office and get an opinion...352-751-3912. Also, they should be able to tell you if the restrictions are different north of 466.

Good luck.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:08 PM

I'm not sure what a class B is but a gal near us (North of 466) has a huge van, probably 9' high or better that she leaves in her driveway all the time. It has a generator and all the goodies, made by Mercedes. The restrictions may differ by village.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:42 AM

Sounds like the gal North of 466 has a Class B motor home kinda like mine. Hers sounds like one of the deisel types. Mine is a Pleasureway Excel RD, and is smaller than the deisel jobs. Is there different covenants and restrictions in different villages? I'm picking up that there is. Sounds to me like the historic side has the least restrictions, and that has an appeal for sure. I like to have a couple of junk cars up on blocks in my driveway, and a big dog pen out back with about 10 starving hound dogs too. Would there be any objections to that? ha ha! ;D

Do they ever have karaoke at Katie Bells? I like to caterwall now and then too.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:10 PM

I filled out one of the yellow suggestion forms at the postal station a year or so ago and suggested TV put in a motor home village and sell lots and call it "Voyager Village". I got a call from the powers that be and they said it was highly unlikely this would ever happen. I really don't know why. I think it would be a great use of land and that the lots would readily sell. It could be 1st class, just like the rest of TV and would really make it unique. Of course, I also asked for a private air strip so we could fly in and out but that one was definitely a "No Go" due to the high cost of land and there would be no "income" from it for "the family". Oh well, I tried.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Sage

linlin...I believe they have karaoke some nights at Crazy Gringos...bar in one of the bowling alleys; it's supposed to be a hopping place...and stays open well past 9pm.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.