TOTV Newsletter

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I must be missing something regarding the new political forum being open/available. I have nothing listed that denotes access yet.

I was a past opt in. If it is open I need more direction to find it.

Thanx.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
You are right that a forum is not about attacking individuals but should be a frank open discussion of issues. On just about any current event issue on the forum, it degrades quickly to personal attacks on one of the political parties or leaders. A "for example" would be a recent one in which the poster stated that the world needs a leader and not a community organizer. That comment, while being the opinion of the poster, did not lend any help to the issue and was a personal attack on the President, in my viewpoint.

I will wait to get on a Political forum until candidates are better defined and will be waiting to see and respectfully discuss constructive viewpoints with other posters.
Well, you object to that post because you support the President in all he does and that is fine and acceptable.

My personal problem is those who do no research, make things up to try and make a point, and can offer a number of examples of that. If you object to that particular comment, and I certainly would never have made such a post and leave it on its own, you might want to ignore this forum all together. NO PRESIDENT in our history has not had such statements made about them.

I see this particular issue as a problem. Those who run for office and are elected and then want NO criticism, no matter how presented, are then looking at the process as a "run for office" with no further obligations to listen to anyone or be subject to criticism. THAT is a problem because once your become elected, your responsibility is to a bigger audience....those who supported you and those who did not because you do not pick your constituency !

I am excited in a reserved manner. So many posters that I KNOW from the past with new names do not appear to be able to change their ways. I just am excited that maybe with new regs, etc. there can actually be an exchange of opinions WITH SOME SORT OF INTELLIGENT REASONS given, and not the one liners.

We shall see.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Well, I'm glad I posted about the Newsletter here...

The political forum is open for business, so maybe everyone should head on over and get started....
Old 02-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

I sure hope the political forum is opened soon................before you guys have a heart attack, just waiting.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I sure hope the political forum is opened soon................before you guys have a heart attack, just waiting.
Six have already posted in the political forum. No need for waiting.

Xavier
Old 02-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Administrator

If you are a comcast user we have had some challenges with the newsletter being blocked by comcast. We are sorting through this. We will post a place for the prior newsletters to be viewed for anyone who has missed them.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
And the sniping begins.........

It was obviously more than 6 (whatever that means).
A very true statement.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
A very true statement.

When it comes to honesty, decency and fairness, you can always count on Billethekid.

I don't know how it will go with everyone being anonymous on The Political Forum. It could be nasty like Topix. And if so, I am gone, gone, gone.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Sage

I have Comcast - no problem receiving the newsletter.

Last edited by Barefoot; 02-05-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
If you are a comcast user we have had some challenges with the newsletter being blocked by comcast. We are sorting through this. We will post a place for the prior newsletters to be viewed for anyone who has missed them.
My ISP is Comcast and I have not had a problem with receiving the TOTV newsletter or any other HTML emails.

Is the problem with those who have Comcast Email? If so, that is likely to be a user setup problem. There is usually a choice upon setup to block HTML mail.

Just setup Comcast email address to try TOTV mail.

I forwarded my TOTV email with the newsletter to my new Comcast email address and it came through just fine.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

As a proponent of the political forum resumption, I will be happy to see the ponderously long, cut and paste, and endless hyperlinking posts centralized to a new location. This should be like Gladiator or The Hunger Games. Let the bloviation begin.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I was able to get into the new political forum earlier toda and even posted.
This afternoon the political forum was not on the list.
Is it my ccess or have others experienced the same/similar?
Old 02-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I was able to get into the new political forum earlier toda and even posted.
This afternoon the political forum was not on the list.
Is it my ccess or have others experienced the same/similar?
It is my understanding that it is a work in progress. I expect that we will know it is fully functional when it becomes necessary to opt in or opt out to get in to it.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

To all whom I have issued the invitation before, I still would like to meet in person.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
As a proponent of the political forum resumption, I will be happy to see the ponderously long, cut and paste, and endless hyperlinking posts centralized to a new location. This should be like Gladiator or The Hunger Games. Let the bloviation begin.
I understand totally !!!

Why would you want any facts that are not what you think they should be ? Very astute observation !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.