TOTV nite at Naples in Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I like 2B's idea of making suggestions for the next one. They are just suggestions of course. TH is so nice for doing an event, so however it is done is appreciated. Some suggestions might not work, and of course, some people might not agree. You can never please everybody. Ok, enough with the disclaimers.

Name tags and sitting together definitely. A private room or private section would be great, as large crowds tend to be louder. Round tables of six-to-eight rather than one long table, if available, so you could socialize better. If not, sets of long tables of eight or so, rather than just one long table of 16 or more. One seating instead of two, with a 45-minute optional drink social before seating. If the location is that far away, coordinate carpooling. (Oops, another disclaimer. TH, please note that I volunteered to host if I'm there. If not, I bet someone else would volunteer. Don't mean to be asking you personally make so many arrangements for us.)

Assigned seating might be fun so you don't just sit with who you already know. I wouldn't be keen on having coordinated hat or dress, although I would certainly go along cheerfully.
Ditto, particularly on the seating concept(s) - they're right on the money!

Bill
Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I like 2B's idea of making suggestions for the next one. They are just suggestions of course. TH is so nice for doing an event, so however it is done is appreciated. Some suggestions might not work, and of course, some people might not agree. You can never please everybody. Ok, enough with the disclaimers.

Name tags and sitting together definitely. A private room or private section would be great, as large crowds tend to be louder. Round tables of six-to-eight rather than one long table, if available, so you could socialize better. If not, sets of long tables of eight or so, rather than just one long table of 16 or more. One seating instead of two, with a 45-minute optional drink social before seating. If the location is that far away, coordinate carpooling. (Oops, another disclaimer. TH, please note that I volunteered to host if I'm there. If not, I bet someone else would volunteer. Don't mean to be asking you personally make so many arrangements for us.)

Assigned seating might be fun so you don't just sit with who you already know. I wouldn't be keen on having coordinated hat or dress, although I would certainly go along cheerfully.
And I can vouch for PT's organizational skills. She coordinated a small meet & greet with Mr. PT, us and the Scrapple couple and it was a fun evening with new friends and good food at Cane Gardens. Great job all the way around
Skip 2
Old 01-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
And I can vouch for PT's organizational skills. She coordinated a small meet & greet with Mr. PT, us and the Scrapple couple and it was a fun evening with new friends and good food at Cane Gardens. Great job all the way around
Skip 2
aww, thanks, Skip 2. Ooops, you caught me posting about food again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.