Why did we go to Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Founder
Default Why did we go to Leesburg

One of our posters in another thread raised the question of why Naples Restaurant in Leesburg was the site of the recent dinner special for members.

Here was my answer to that question:

"Naples restaurant in Leesburg is one of the sponsors that provides you with the privilege of using this forum for free. We have contacted every (every) restaurant in The Villages with a proposal to advertise on Talk of The Villages. Every one of them has declined. (wonder why they go out of business?) Naples restaurant, on the other hand, sees the value of promoting itself to Villages residents.

The developer is likely the landlord of most restaurants in The Villages. I would hate to think that they are being instructed to not support this forum.

For those who publicly profess to not viewing, not noticing or just plain ignoring our advertisers, I would say that it's important to remember that it's these ads that provide all of use with the privilege of having Talk of The Villages. Without them, no forum.

JLK "
Old 01-29-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

The developer is likely the landlord of most restaurants in The Villages. I would hate to think that they are being instructed to not support this forum.
Gandolfo's Delicatessen is an advertiser -- perhaps they could tell you if any pressure has been exerted.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Veteran member

I commend you for trying something new. We don't hit a home run every time up to bat, and we all learn from from trying.

We would have been there if we were down there this month, but sadly we are not. It sounds like the main disappointment was the lack of group seating....something that can easily be fixed next time, wherever it is. Many places even have a separate room for get togethers like this.

Our church has a Wednesday morning breakfast at a local restaurant. We all know to just go to the back room. There could easily be a sign there when you walk in directing folks.....like "TOTV- side room".

Hopefully we can make a future one...

Frank

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.