Well now!!!

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Founder
Default Well now!!!

This morning my wife was behind a car at the Calumet "residents only" gate. The car in front of her either could not make her card work, or didn't have one. (the car was occupied by two elderly people) After a short time, they drove around the end, over the curb, through the grass and past the gate.

A breech of etiquette, I would say.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Well now!!!

More like a breech of common sense.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:54 AM
Gold member

I wonder why they didn't just push the button below the card reader and wait for someone to open the gate?? :dontknow:
Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady
I wonder why they didn't just push the button below the card reader and wait for someone to open the gate?? :dontknow:
I don't believe that is an option in Marion County.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Gold member

It is at the Piedmont Gate.We had to use it for a couple of days after we moved into our home. We bought a resale and it took 2 days to process gate card and post office keys. : : :
Old 12-06-2007, 03:44 PM

I'm a little confused. I didn't think TV was a gated community. What are the gates and does anyone need to use them to get in. I'm all for gates. We have not visited TV yet. We'll be there next May, hence, my question. ???

pili
Old 12-07-2007, 12:41 AM

Pili - now that is a question!!! Gated? or not gated? hummmmmmm............ you know, I think I'd better let someone with a better gift for explaining things answer this one. Help.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Veteran member

There are gates at the entrances to The Villages and passes are required but it's not a gated community ("read" secure) per se. If you understand the utility of that concept.....please explain it 'cause it baffles the heck out of me.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 12-07-2007, 04:42 AM
Sage

It seems that the roads that are not gated pass by large venues that are also open to the general public (i.e., el Camino to Savannah Center; Morse south of 466 to LSL; Buena Vista to Polo Fields & Savannah Center, and Hwy 42 or 466; Chula Vista from 466 to Spanish Springs; and some others. I believe the area East of 441 is all gated (guess it is not of much interest to the general public).
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-07-2007, 01:40 PM

Sumter county maintains the roads in Sumter County so the lawyer says limited access would be a no no. Dumb!!!! Let every neighborhood inside and outside TV have gates if they want and that should take care of it.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
There are gates at the entrances to The Villages and passes are required but it's not a gated community ("read" secure) per se. If you understand the utility of that concept.....please explain it 'cause it baffles the heck out of me.
It is supposed to "appear" gated. Like a guy who dyes his grey hair brown or whatever color is supposed to appear younger. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it just makes him look like he dyes his hair.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:39 PM

There is only one gate that is east of 441 (the orange blossom side of the villages) that is resident only (no Attendent)and that is near the Paradise Center. Morse has an attendent and the one further down is always open...
Old 12-07-2007, 08:34 PM

Um? So if we are going there for the first time, do we need a pass? How about to access Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing? Is there a gate also?

Old 12-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pili
Um? So if we are going there for the first time, do we need a pass? How about to access Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing? Is there a gate also?

If you want to check out the homes in the gated areas, you go thru the sales dept or a MLS Realtor.

No gates to Spanish Springs (part of a large strip mall along Hwy 441) or LSL which is accessed from the ungated portion of Morse south of 466.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Even the gates that are attended have a visitor's side. When there is no attendant, simply go to the resident side and push the button. Works like a charm! I assume there is button to push on the non-attended gates as well. Ergo, gated but not secure.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.