TOTV is un-bearable

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts
Default TOTV is un-bearable

Between the coffee posts and the COVID posts, this forum is becoming un bearable.

(BTW, no on is changing anyone’s mind on masks or vaccines)
Old 08-01-2021, 12:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Between the coffee posts and the COVID posts, this forum is becoming un bearable.

With some the posts common sense is lacking.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

The salesman's posts on reverse mortgages (a few months ago) were worse but, yes, I agree.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Talk of the Villages is still useful for many things. Just put whoever bothers your sensibilities on your Ignore List.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I am sorry you feel that way (OP), definitely the reason there is the ignore list.

Personally, I want to have discussions with people I disagree with. I want to learn why they believe what they believe, I want people to challenge my views and beliefs. I have no use whatsoever with immature posts ridiculing and calling names. I will admit on occassion I get annoyed and post a sarcastic post that could be interpreted as ridicule, but I try not to.

So, I am glad we can disagree publically. I wish we could have a section for political discussions/arguments, which you have to join and agree to whatever to participate in, but I expect that is not going to happen.

And while I am an evil bleeding heart liberal, I have met several conservatives here that I highly respect both for their civility and for the well reasoned and well-spoken arguments.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:

I completely agree.

Not to mention the idiocy of all the posts where the authors are constantly "rolling on the floor laughing"
Old 08-01-2021, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I am sorry you feel that way (OP), definitely the reason there is the ignore list.

Personally, I want to have discussions with people I disagree with. I want to learn why they believe what they believe, I want people to challenge my views and beliefs. I have no use whatsoever with immature posts ridiculing and calling names. I will admit on occassion I get annoyed and post a sarcastic post that could be interpreted as ridicule, but I try not to.

So, I am glad we can disagree publically. I wish we could have a section for political discussions/arguments, which you have to join and agree to whatever to participate in, but I expect that is not going to happen.

And while I am an evil bleeding heart liberal, I have met several conservatives here that I highly respect both for their civility and for the well reasoned and well-spoken arguments.
Agree there. I have a B.A. in Philosophy which involved developing critical thinking skills and reading materials written by people who have very different views on things.

Got kicked out of the Unification Church for being too adversarial. I only went to the house they had near the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) campus as there was a very friendly black man hanging around the Humanities Building who invited me over to talk about Philosophy. It took me a while to learn he was the Northern Nevada Chapter Head for the Unification Church or the Moonies.

Talk about unwanted phone calls! They started targeting my parents with scam like calls that weekend. That was how they operated in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Had to finally use a lot of profanity to get them to stop calling at the end of the following weekend after I attended one more of their discussions at the house near UNR. The Chapter Head had enticed me there with a promise of meeting a pretty girl. I fell for it. Did meet her. I was around 21 at this time.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 08-01-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I was given a point on my record three days ago for directly addressing a poster and being unkind.

I did feel that my comments were not as unkind as other comments, but it is hard not to get all mad some times. Some people enjoy that happening and I think sometime it is the main reason for their posts.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:

Totally agree. There are four or five posters that are the Covid Warriors. They will argue with each other ALL day long over the same thing. I'm surprised they actually take time out to eat. A couple of them post upwards of 50 times a day. If Covid ever goes away I wonder what these people will do? They'll have to learn to live life all over again.

I only pop in once or twice a day now just to see if there's anything related to The Villages and the lifestyle. If I want to get information on the state of Covid this isn't the place I'm going to do it.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!

Last edited by Kenswing; 08-01-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Some people enjoy that happening and I think sometime it is the main reason for their posts.
LOL!

Reminds me of the cartoon ages ago, a guy with an umbrella is walking in a zoo and comes up to the lion cage. He pokes the lion with his umbrella and jumps back, he pokes the lion with his umbrella and jumps back, I think at some point he is warned to not poke the lion, then we see the lion with an umbrella hanging from his mouth...

Moral, not a good idea to poke sleeping lions - LOL.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
LOL!

Reminds me of the cartoon ages ago, a guy with an umbrella is walking in a zoo and comes up to the lion cage. He pokes the lion with his umbrella and jumps back, he pokes the lion with his umbrella and jumps back, I think at some point he is warned to not poke the lion, then we see the lion with an umbrella hanging from his mouth...

Moral, not a good idea to poke sleeping lions - LOL.
Took my Mom to the foot doctor a few days ago and they are requiring masks again. They did not for a few months lately.

And I am wearing a mask on occasion too when going to a store but only masking up if it is crowded.

This is a bearable inconvenience. TOTV often has useful information about something or another.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

In just the last few days I've learned about breakfast places, intermittent problems with a golf cart, ways to clean mold and mildew off the house, ways to repair cracks in a quartz countertop, the reason Villages Golf Carts is out of stock, possible issues with automatic payments, a warning about a payment scam, and some info about internet speeds. Yes, there are some Covid threads and I've commented in them but they are far from the majority of the currently active topics.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-01-2021, 01:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Is everyone now allowed to publicly complain about moderation and/or any infractions, or do you have to have a certain number of posts before you can get away with doing it? If the latter - I'm screwed. lol
Old 08-01-2021, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Is everyone now allowed to publicly complain about moderation and/or any infractions, or do you have to have a certain number of posts before you can get away with doing it? If the latter - I'm screwed. lol
Oh dear. I do recall we aren't supposed to discuss moderation. I think I am too. Screwed.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
In just the last few days I've learned about breakfast places, intermittent problems with a golf cart, ways to clean mold and mildew off the house, ways to repair cracks in a quartz countertop, the reason Villages Golf Carts is out of stock, possible issues with automatic payments, a warning about a payment scam, and some info about internet speeds. Yes, there are some Covid threads and I've commented in them but they are far from the majority of the currently active topics.
Why ARE they out of golf carts???
Closed Thread

Tags
posts, totv, btw, masks, mind

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.