TOTV is un-bearable

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
Some post so much that it’s annoying, I guess they just don’t have anything else to do. I mostly skip over their post. When the same people are going back n forth, as they are the only ones posting, they would be better off meeting someplace in person to have their discussion rather then boring everyone

That would never happen, sadly, many people are cowards and only get brave with the anonymity and safety that the internet provides

EDIT: FWIW, I enjoy this place and have gotten a lot of good info from it
Old 08-01-2021, 05:44 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Don't click on the advertising threads if you don't like them.

Advertisers (coffee, reverse mortgages, lanai screens, etc.) they pay for this site.

Don't click!!!!
Old 08-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I also like a good debate but still looking for folks that tell the truth and fact check, which is a rarity these days.
You are not allowed to debate on here.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
You are not allowed to debate on here.
That's debatable..
Old 08-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

The signal to noise is very poor, and most threads are off topic by the fith post. Often by the same people/trolls.

So I'm reducing time here and about ready to stop posting, maybe not visiting all together.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:46 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
The signal to noise is very poor, and most threads are off topic by the fith post. Often by the same people/trolls.

So I'm reducing time here and about ready to stop posting, maybe not visiting all together.
You’ll be back if just out of curiosity.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:09 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKMUP View Post
That would never happen, sadly, many people are cowards and only get brave with the anonymity and safety that the internet provides

EDIT: FWIW, I enjoy this place and have gotten a lot of good info from it

"only get brave with the anonymity and safety that the internet provides"

What do you mean by "safety?" Given the number of angry nutcases and extremists (often armed) out there, it's pretty obvious that anonymity is often needed.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

It's amazing how many people feel it is annoying to HAVE TO READ all those posts.

hmmm...
Old 08-02-2021, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtennent View Post
While I don't reply often, I usually reply when I seen someone posting misinformation. Just to be clear, misinformation does not arise because I disagree with a personal position. Rather, misinformation is a statement of "facts" that have no basis in any substantiated publication - for science that is an article from a refereed journal. For nonscience subjects, it means that several responsible news outlets are in agreement with the facts.

I read everything from the NY Times to the New Republic so I hope to hear multiple positions on an issue. What I don't do is to blindly follow any given leader, talking head, etc. BTW, the more I learn, the more I am amazed how our elected leaders of both parties can't figure out how to reach/listen across the aisle to create much stronger legislation that would help us all.
"The NY Times to the New Republic" is not a broad, varied reading list with different perspectives. Maybe you meant National Review?
Old 08-02-2021, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Oh dear. I do recall we aren't supposed to discuss moderation. I think I am too. Screwed.
Is this a privately/independently owned and operated forum or one of The Villages' communication and information platforms ?
Old 08-02-2021, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Between the coffee posts and the COVID posts, this forum is becoming un bearable.

(BTW, no on is changing anyone’s mind on masks or vaccines
)
I've been saying exactly this from day 1 of Covid. Doesn't matter what is said, especially on social media, No one is going to change their minds regarding Covid, but, I guess, some folks just like to argue, or, try to prove to others how intelligent they think they are. Just MHO.
Old 08-02-2021, 04:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

Well said Bill ... it is what we make it
Old 08-02-2021, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Is this a privately/independently owned and operated forum or one of The Villages' communication and information platforms ?
As stated in the footer found on every page of this website, they are not associated with The Villages.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
The salesman's posts on reverse mortgages (a few months ago) were worse but, yes, I agree.
At least he was a paying advertiser and was providing a service many of us wanted despite others prejudice against it....
Old 08-02-2021, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
I've been saying exactly this from day 1 of Covid. Doesn't matter what is said, especially on social media, No one is going to change their minds regarding Covid, but, I guess, some folks just like to argue, or, try to prove to others how intelligent they think they are. Just MHO.
Refer to the white doggy.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Closed Thread

Tags
posts, totv, btw, masks, mind

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.