Town square music too loud

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 10:25 AM

They NEED to play it loud enough to hear over all the "TALKING" going on. Dang, is it really necessary to blab all the time. This time is for the music and dancing.

Go talk in your groups at home, in a restaurant, away from the square from 5-9.

I was in the business and the music must cancel out all the talking going on.

Then there is the "old" factor. I am retired, over 65 and my mother says the car radio is too loud, the TV is too loud, the dishwasher is too loud yet can't hear a word I say.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:27 AM

Music is not that loud. The sound people stink and it is distorted, but not too loud.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,419 Times in 5,109 Posts

For me, it has nothing to do with age. I have always hated loud music. I have never gone to live concerts for that reason.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Music is meant to be heard, and felt. The squares are designed for a party, not a conversation pit. If you go to the restuaraunts that provide music that is where they are too loud, I enjoy good conversation at dinner and prefer nice background musid....but not in the squares. As said, different strokes for different folks but keep the squares music going as it is.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Eternal Member

I have no problem with the music being loud. It's more fun, great for dancing and having a good time.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Veteran member
Default Loud Music (NOISE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlynn426 View Post
Does anyone else feel the music in the town squares is too loud? Louder is not better! My husband and I were walking around Sumter Landing last night (and this has occurred at ALL of the town squares) and the music was so loud we had to leave. My husband approached the man in the sound booth and asked why the music was so loud and the man said "I'm sorry, I can't hear you"....my husband said "precisely the issue". We used to enjoy going to the town squares each night, but even when we sit across the street, it's so loud we can't even talk to each other.
Comment: Yes, that is the norm so it seems. Loud means Quality?
We do not do the Squares for that reason. While in the theater, Dunkirk was so loud, the movie, we had Kleenex in our ears. On a recent Cruise, we could not enjoy the night shows or lay by the pool during the day. It is really something to have to endure. Yep, there are those who love it loud. Hearing aids should be a booming business soon, this NOISE at 105 db is not for us. We probably need to be well loaded in order to endure the noise.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

Crank it up to 11 !!!!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

I can't hear you
Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 AM
fw102807

I find most of the restaurants and country clubs could use some sound absorbing panels also. It is very difficult to have a conversation without having to yell.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I have no problem with the music being loud. It's more fun, great for dancing and having a good time.
I agree.

On another note...The first time I heard Johnny Dee and the Starlights (or whatever their new name is) I thought they were good but their next performances they sounded bad, not sure if it was the sound mix/volume where you could not even hear their backup singers or they are not as good as I thought.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I am not attempting to bash anyone....,but, I like it loud. I sound much better singing to loud music.

We go to the squares at night for dancing and singing.

Last night, and many other times, we sat behind a group of 6 who talked constantly. As the music got louder, so did they. Go talk somewhere else.....my opinion....they were rude.....front row seats holding conversations......I came to hear the music, not you....

If I need to to talk to someone, I whisper in there ear.....works for me....
I agree the music is not too loud. We are there to listen and dance to the music and should not expect to carry on a normal conversation while the music is playing.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Gold member
Default Well that's fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I am not attempting to bash anyone....,but, I like it loud. I sound much better singing to loud music.

We go to the squares at night for dancing and singing.

Last night, and many other times, we sat behind a group of 6 who talked constantly. As the music got louder, so did they. Go talk somewhere else.....my opinion....they were rude.....front row seats holding conversations......I came to hear the music, not you....

If I need to to talk to someone, I whisper in there ear.....works for me....
but it becomes painfully obvious that there are quite a few folks who take no one into consideration but themselves....the label I think is "selfish"...yup...that fits.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Options

The music must/should be loud enough for the line dancers, etc. And although we don't dance we enjoy the music and the entertainment and fun. I will say I really don't like the music someone brings to the pool and plays it on a radio, etc. were others must listen. That's right up there on the "entitlement meter"
Old 09-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Yes it's too loud. Having an audience where many are hearing impaired is no excuse. Make a formal complaint.
Fred53, you are overwhelmingly outnumbered. I don't agree that the OP should make a formal complaint.
Most people enjoy the music as it is.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:35 PM

Why would anyone who goes to an outside music venue where bands are playing complain about the music being too loud? Some of the complaints on this site border on the bizarre. People go there for music, not musak.
Closed Thread

Tags
loud, town, music, husband, squares

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.