Town square music too loud

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednetdl View Post
I'm heading back to TV in early October, and can't wait to get to the squares in the evenings. Loudness has never even been a concern of mine, and fortunately it drowns out my singing also (fortunately for everyone else also). Squares in the evenings and golf during the days (hopefully the courses will all be opened by then) is the reason I bought in TV. Just about every night I can find a good band at one of the squares that I can dance and enjoy. Uncle Bob's Rock Shop at the top of the list, but there are plenty of others.
Keep on Rocking in TV!
I'm with you........rock on...
Old 09-24-2017, 01:57 PM
Veteran member

The Music is great and not at all too loud. It's entertainment!
Old 09-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Loud music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Lots of people are hearing-impaired in this retirement community.
I wear ear plugs in movies as I find them too loud.
We tried watching Dunkirk. NOISE, and the movie editing was really poorly done. Anyone with Ship Smarts would see the total discrepancies in the movie. I asked a lady manager, why the noise? She said? "Because of the dialog?
What? We tried Kleenex in our ears. Left early and surely will not be back to that theater. In another town, with the same situation, we talked to the manager and he gave us a refund. What is it with noise these days? Ugh. Note: Your ears have a limit folks!!
Old 09-24-2017, 03:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
What is it with noise these days?
I don't know why everything is so loud these days but I refuse to put up with it. For example, I walked out of our son's wedding reception because the band was too loud. I also walked out of the 50th anniversary of my high school graduation for the same reason.

At Toojays last week, members of the wait staff were talking too loud right behind my seat, so I got up and moved to another table. On several occasions, I have told the manager of a restaurant that their music is too loud and I have walked out if they do not lower it enough.

We were invited to join a few other couples at Evans Prairie one evening but I found the Rocking Relics were playing and they were too loud. I dropped off my wife and went back home to get the ear protectors I use when I mow our lawn. Then I came back, enjoyed my dinner, and even enjoyed the music wearing my ear protectors.

My favorite Jesus quote is, "If they eye offend thee, pluck it out." In other words, if something irritates you, remove it from your life. Being retired is great.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
The Music is great and not at all too loud. It's entertainment!
WoW, U have it Right dadspet OOp's, did I Say that too LOUD?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I don't know why everything is so loud these days but I refuse to put up with it. For example, I walked out of our son's wedding reception because the band was too loud. I also walked out of the 50th anniversary of my high school graduation for the same reason.

At Toojays last week, members of the wait staff were talking too loud right behind my seat, so I got up and moved to another table. On several occasions, I have told the manager of a restaurant that their music is too loud and I have walked out if they do not lower it enough.

We were invited to join a few other couples at Evans Prairie one evening but I found the Rocking Relics were playing and they were too loud...
To each his/her own.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

We were invited to join a few other couples at Evans Prairie one evening but I found the Rocking Relics were playing and they were too loud. I dropped off my wife and went back home to get the ear protectors I use when I mow our lawn. Then I came back, enjoyed my dinner, and even enjoyed the music wearing my ear protectors.

My favorite Jesus quote is, "If they eye offend thee, pluck it out." In other words, if something irritates you, remove it from your life. Being retired is great.

I want to preserve the hearing I have left. For years I played drums professionally, flew general aviation planes and shot some very loud rifles, shotguns and handguns all at some cost to my hearing. No thanks, no more.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-24-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
loud, town, music, husband, squares

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.