Towns Around The Villages

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Default Towns Around The Villages

I am looking forward to relocating to the Villages within a year or so. Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages. Not being familiar with the area, I am not sure where to begin looking. What towns or communities would you suggest that I begin my search in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll With It View Post
Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages..
You might be better off calling the number on thevillages.com web site (352 753-6655) and set up a lifestyle visit. That way you will stay in a house in The Villages with access to all it's facilities

It is very hard to see what The Villages is like if you are staying outside of The Villages. If you stay at a place outside The Villages you won't have access to most of the things that make it such a great place to retire to.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Sage

Dan9871 has some good advice. You might also rent a villa or house from Villager.

If you really want to stay in a nearby apartment, go to Google Maps Google Maps Search for apartments near 32162
Old 12-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Life Style stays are short-term.

You might look at rentals within The Villages.

VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages

https://www.****.com

The "****" is V B R O
Old 12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Sage

The closest you can get to TV and not actually be in TV, is Lakeside Landing in Oxford, FL. It's about 1 mile from LSL (Lake Sumter Landing Square). They have their own pool and are very close to Lake Miona State Park. You won't be able to use The Villages facilities such as playing golf or use the Rec Centers, but you can shop at the squares, eat at the squares, go to the movies and pay a $1 more, etc.

Lakeside Landing has a whole section of garage villas and usually they have a couple for rent. Here's one on Zillow for $1250 a month, which is cheaper this time of year than in TV. The development is on Rt 472, which is also Rainey Trail, the road that will take you right into TV next to Arnold Palmer Country Club.

Rental Listings in Oxford FL - 2 Rentals | Zillow

The Villages Florida

Lake Miona Park | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 12-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Sage

Lots of modest homes available with full amenities and well worth it.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:00 PM

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 PM

You can try Wildwood for an inexpensive rental.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll With It View Post
I am looking forward to relocating to the Villages within a year or so. Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages. Not being familiar with the area, I am not sure where to begin looking. What towns or communities would you suggest that I begin my search in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I think there is an RV park on rolling acres road called Recreation Plantation. Not sure if you own an RV, but the place is close to The Villages...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Lakeside Landing is definitely not the only place you should look. There are also more zip codes than 32162.
There are apartments on 466 near Rolling acres rd, also.
I would skip Wildwood. The apartments there are sketchy at best.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, towns, area, begin, communities