Towns Around The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Default Towns Around The Villages

I am looking forward to relocating to the Villages within a year or so. Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages. Not being familiar with the area, I am not sure where to begin looking. What towns or communities would you suggest that I begin my search in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll With It View Post
Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages..
You might be better off calling the number on thevillages.com web site (352 753-6655) and set up a lifestyle visit. That way you will stay in a house in The Villages with access to all it's facilities

It is very hard to see what The Villages is like if you are staying outside of The Villages. If you stay at a place outside The Villages you won't have access to most of the things that make it such a great place to retire to.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Sage

Dan9871 has some good advice. You might also rent a villa or house from Villager.

If you really want to stay in a nearby apartment, go to Google Maps Google Maps Search for apartments near 32162
Old 12-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Life Style stays are short-term.

You might look at rentals within The Villages.

VH4R Home Rentals in The Villages

https://www.****.com

The "****" is V B R O
Old 12-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The closest you can get to TV and not actually be in TV, is Lakeside Landing in Oxford, FL. It's about 1 mile from LSL (Lake Sumter Landing Square). They have their own pool and are very close to Lake Miona State Park. You won't be able to use The Villages facilities such as playing golf or use the Rec Centers, but you can shop at the squares, eat at the squares, go to the movies and pay a $1 more, etc.

Lakeside Landing has a whole section of garage villas and usually they have a couple for rent. Here's one on Zillow for $1250 a month, which is cheaper this time of year than in TV. The development is on Rt 472, which is also Rainey Trail, the road that will take you right into TV next to Arnold Palmer Country Club.

Rental Listings in Oxford FL - 2 Rentals | Zillow

The Villages Florida

Lake Miona Park | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 12-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Sage

Lots of modest homes available with full amenities and well worth it.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:00 PM

Thank you so much for your help!
Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 384 Posts

You can try Wildwood for an inexpensive rental.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I am looking forward to relocating to the Villages within a year or so. Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages. Not being familiar with the area, I am not sure where to begin looking. What towns or communities would you suggest that I begin my search in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I think there is an RV park on rolling acres road called Recreation Plantation. Not sure if you own an RV, but the place is close to The Villages...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Lakeside Landing is definitely not the only place you should look. There are also more zip codes than 32162.
There are apartments on 466 near Rolling acres rd, also.
I would skip Wildwood. The apartments there are sketchy at best.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Lakeside Landing is definitely not the only place you should look. There are also more zip codes than 32162.
There are apartments on 466 near Rolling acres rd, also.
I would skip Wildwood. The apartments there are sketchy at best.
I agree. The OP should visit here first and then decide whether he likes it.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree. The OP should visit here first and then decide whether he likes it.
Visiting is not enough. I recommend renting something for the entire year to see if you can put up with the 2-season lifestyle. The novelty may or may not wear off after a while.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:41 AM

Find a long term rental inside of TV. Otherwise you will not get the true feeling of everything that TV has to offer. You should not have a problem finding a place inside TV for a 6 month to one year rental (some furnished, some bring your own furnishings).
Old 12-10-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
The Quarters and Oakleaf Villages apartment complexes are in Lady Lake, minutes from Spanish Springs. And PepperTree in Wildwood is minutes from Brownwood. All three complexes are large, well kept and landscaped. Some others in the area are nice, like the once just to the west of Rolling Acres, but qualify as low income housing. So that might not be available to you.

As others have said, you might find a good deal on a rental within TV itself. Maybe even consider renting a manufactured home on the original side of TV.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Sage

I will second the suggestion of renting a home in The Villages.

I will add the suggestion of renting a home that is in your price market. You will end up with a better idea of your future level of comfort.

I would not suggest renting a trailer home in the Historic District unless that is your price market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, towns, area, begin, communities

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.