Towns Around The Villages

Towns Around The Villages

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Lakeside Landing is definitely not the only place you should look. There are also more zip codes than 32162.
There are apartments on 466 near Rolling acres rd, also.
I would skip Wildwood. The apartments there are sketchy at best.
I agree. The OP should visit here first and then decide whether he likes it.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Veteran member

Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree. The OP should visit here first and then decide whether he likes it.
Visiting is not enough. I recommend renting something for the entire year to see if you can put up with the 2-season lifestyle. The novelty may or may not wear off after a while.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2017, 07:41 AM

Find a long term rental inside of TV. Otherwise you will not get the true feeling of everything that TV has to offer. You should not have a problem finding a place inside TV for a 6 month to one year rental (some furnished, some bring your own furnishings).
Old 12-10-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll With It View Post
I am looking forward to relocating to the Villages within a year or so. Prior to permanently moving, I would be interested in renting a small apartment in the general area of The Villages. Not being familiar with the area, I am not sure where to begin looking. What towns or communities would you suggest that I begin my search in. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
The Quarters and Oakleaf Villages apartment complexes are in Lady Lake, minutes from Spanish Springs. And PepperTree in Wildwood is minutes from Brownwood. All three complexes are large, well kept and landscaped. Some others in the area are nice, like the once just to the west of Rolling Acres, but qualify as low income housing. So that might not be available to you.

As others have said, you might find a good deal on a rental within TV itself. Maybe even consider renting a manufactured home on the original side of TV.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Sage

I will second the suggestion of renting a home in The Villages.

I will add the suggestion of renting a home that is in your price market. You will end up with a better idea of your future level of comfort.

I would not suggest renting a trailer home in the Historic District unless that is your price market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
I will second the suggestion of renting a home in The Villages.

I will add the suggestion of renting a home that is in your price market. You will end up with a better idea of your future level of comfort.

I would not suggest renting a trailer home in the Historic District unless that is your price market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

In this manner you will be able to experience what your life would be like on a day to day basis.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-11-2017, 09:53 PM

Thank you again for all your help. Proof again that Villagers are very special and kind people. I can't wait to part of your community!
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, towns, area, begin, communities