Traffic Circles

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2018, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Don't be lazy, use your directional always but especially while making any maneuver in a roundabout. Stop before entering a roundabout. Make believe all other cars are Kryptonite and your allergic. Tell your passengers or whoever you have on the phone there will be silence when going thru a Roundabout. Keep it simple. Use common sense and expect the worst from each car that isn't yours! Hope you stay safe.

Oh, don't rush, leave wherever you are early! Don't drive tired or Drunk. Think I'm done.

A car was on the Golf Cart path near Santa Barbara Health Care Center, it is a newly widened blacktopped very wide area. Everyone was freaking out on the poor women. She was disoriented and I don't think screaming at her did any good. She got out of the situation she was in just to run up the curb down by the Roundabout near Morse. Sad.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
That appears to not have any pavement markings...inside the roundabout itself.
None at all. For years. But this just in......the Illinois Dept. of Transportation finally came up with three million + dollars to make it look like this in the near future. Needless to say the roundabouts here are a piece of cake.The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 04:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Ski View Post
This is one is in Swindon England called the Magic Roundabout. Consists of 5 smaller circles feeding a larger central one.
We lived near Hemel Hempstead for years when that Magic Roundabout had six exits. Only five now, as the old BP builing was closed. Locals never had a problem, but some visitors got 'lost' sometimes.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Don't be lazy, use your directional always but especially while making any maneuver in a roundabout. Stop before entering a roundabout. Make believe all other cars are Kryptonite and your allergic. Tell your passengers or whoever you have on the phone there will be silence when going thru a Roundabout. Keep it simple. Use common sense and expect the worst from each car that isn't yours! Hope you stay safe.

Oh, don't rush, leave wherever you are early! Don't drive tired or Drunk. Think I'm done.

A car was on the Golf Cart path near Santa Barbara Health Care Center, it is a newly widened blacktopped very wide area. Everyone was freaking out on the poor women. She was disoriented and I don't think screaming at her did any good. She got out of the situation she was in just to run up the curb down by the Roundabout near Morse. Sad.
Stop before entering a roundabout. Defeats the purpose of keeping the traffic moving smoothly.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-18-2018, 05:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

sorry Nucky, I usually don't disagree, but I can't agree with this; "Stop before entering a roundabout"

Roundabouts are designed to yield to traffic in the roundabout and only stop when traffic in roundabout which you are about to enter. People will not stop at or before stops signs, especially 4 way stops or stop half way out in the intersection, but stop before entering roundabout when No traffic in roundabout which clearly the only have to yield.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
None at all. For years. But this just in......the Illinois Dept. of Transportation finally came up with three million + dollars to make it look like this in the near future. Needless to say the roundabouts here are a piece of cake.The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I see Zebra crossings, directional Arrows and Yield markings on the payment. notice the flow arrows in the right lanes.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
sorry Nucky, I usually don't disagree, but I can't agree with this; "Stop before entering a roundabout"

Roundabouts are designed to yield to traffic in the roundabout and only stop when traffic in roundabout which you are about to enter. People will not stop at or before stops signs, especially 4 way stops or stop half way out in the intersection, but stop before entering roundabout when No traffic in roundabout which clearly the only have to yield.
I hear ya, I mean when others are progressing properly through the Roundabout, don't sweat them by creeping into their rightful lane. Sorry about that, I meant well but many time don't express myself well. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 10-22-2018, 05:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I am beginning to think everyone who doesn't understand this VERY simple concept should have their license removed and never allowed to drive.

A traffic circle is a traffic light replacement.

Nothing more. Think of it as driving down 466 or 466a and turing onto Morse or Buena Vista.

If you want to turn right get in the right lane.
If you want to turn left get in the left lane.
If you want to go straight either lane works.

Why is this hard to understand? You have all used traffic lights for years. It works exactly the same.
FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS HOW A TRAFFIC CIRCLE WORKS!
Closed Thread

Tags
left, circles, resident, exit, yield

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.