Traffic lane use

Traffic lane use

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Veteran member

I often drive in the left lane on 4-lane roads like 44, 466, and 466A.

When I turn left onto a 4-lane road, I always stay in the left lane until the traffic clears enough so that I can pull over to the right lane. Since I never exceed the posted speed limit, that can take awhile because the other cars are going faster and often do not leave me enough room to pull over.

When driving on Morse or Buena Vista and planning to turn left, I move over to the left lane (driving 30-35 mph) well ahead of the roundabout where I plan to turn.

Old 09-05-2019, 12:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Just a part of the "entitled" status that so many Villagers seem to have qualified for. Would be interesting to know if they are the same ones who don't intend to respect golf courses, pick up dog poop, share the MMP, park in store entrances, etc. -Does the status of "entitled" only apply to specific activities, or is the status very general, and apply to anything they choose to violate?

Thank goodness the storm has passed, now we can get back to the "important" stuff !! Just have to add "Costco is coming/not coming" to get us totally back.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2019, 12:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post

When I turn left onto a 4-lane road, I always stay in the left lane until the traffic clears enough so that I can pull over to the right lane. Since I never exceed the posted speed limit, that can take awhile because the other cars are going faster and often do not leave me enough room to pull over.

When driving on Morse or Buena Vista and planning to turn left, I move over to the left lane (driving 30-35 mph) well ahead of the roundabout where I plan to turn.
That all sounds good...except the part about "When I turn left onto a 4-lane road, I always stay in the left lane until the traffic clears...".

If you're turning left onto a 4-lane road, there should be no traffic to clear, or you shouldn't be making your left hand turn.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Driving behind a driver who is at, or in many cases, just below the posted limit whilst lane hogging is probably why so many other drivers get frustrated when driving.
Nothing like a "I know my rights" person, to make your day!

Last edited by Two Bills; 09-05-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:48 PM

Americans tend to follow the rule, ITS ALL ABOUT ME, add to that the age of most villagers and you have a mess.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Sage

Well we know who all of the latent road rage folks are.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage

Quote:

How far?
What about the car that turns onto Buena Vista at CR466 and moves to the left lane anticipating a left turn at CR466A? is that well ahead.
BTW state law says if you are driving at or below the speed limit you should move to the right. Why do you think all those cars are going faster...……………….?
Old 09-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

I call that villages drag racing.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willbare View Post
WHY Do people drive in the left lane below speed limit? WHY? The left lane is for passing or if you are about to turn left. We are NOT in England folks PLEASE drive like you are supposed to.
Read the law, no law against driving in left lane. Law is for impeding traffic in left lane. So in you're incident the driver should of moved over and let faster moving traffic pass regardless if the are speeding. Could you imagine everybody coming down 441 with three lanes of traffic in the right lane? Not going to happen, just like driving in left lane Not impeding traffic not going to get ticketed.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage

On the highways I think the appropriate term is INCONSIDERATE....