Traffic speeds ever increasing!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I thought the max speeds in our 'faux gated' neighborhoods...was 25 mph.
Actually, the signs at the entrances from Lake and Marion counties indicate the limit, unless otherwise posted, within TV is 20. That’s likely why they no longer put the signs on many individual streets.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
...I'd rather see tickets given out to drivers who disregard the rules in roundabouts...I was going straight the other day and someone did a right turn from the left lane, in front of me, and I barely slammed my brakes on in time. What is the matter with people? Are they that stupid they don't know the rules, or are they just inconsiderate or in la la land?
Was this at a roundabout? If so, it sounds like you were the one making a mistake. People making a left turn at a roundabout do exit the roundabout from the left lane. Traffic approaching the roundabout must yield.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 04-28-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

My advice, move to Nancy Lopez area, north of 466, we don't have traffic problems here.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Was this at a roundabout? If so, it sounds like you were the one making a mistake. People making a left turn at a roundabout do exit the roundabout from the left lane. Traffic approaching the roundabout must yield.
Did you even really read the post?????????????

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
I was going straight the other day and someone did a right turn from the left lane, in front of me, and I barely slammed my brakes on in time.
I guess no one had told you that it is OK to turn right from the left lane in a roundabout.

Well anyway, you seem to have learned the lesson on your own. If you are in the right lane, you should always expect the person in the left lane to turn right in front of you. It happens to me all the time.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Did you even really read the post?????????????
Yes. I did. Either you didn’t Or you don’t have a clue about roundabout rules.

Which is it?????????????
Old 04-28-2018, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

Which is it?????????????

Old 04-28-2018, 10:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Quote:

Which is it?????????????
No sense in trying to explain it to you. R/b traffic moves in a counter-clockwise direction. When you enter a r/b you are making continuous right turns to exit the r/b. Check the signage if you care too

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 04-29-2018, 12:12 AM

Quote:
No sense in trying to explain it to you. R/b traffic moves in a counter-clockwise direction. When you enter a r/b you are making continuous right turns to exit the r/b. Check the signage if you care too . . .
Here is the pamphlet provided by Sumter County.
http://www.districtgov.org/community...t-02-08-12.pdf

It explains that if you are going half way around, you have the choice of entering into the outside lane and exiting via the outside lane, OR entering ino the inside lane and exiting via the inside lane.

If you are going 3/4 the way around, you must enter from the inside lane and exit from the inside lane.

NEVER CHANGE LANES IN THE TRAFFIC CIRCLE.

ALL TRAFFIC entering into the traffic circles must YIELD to BOTH lanes inside the traffic circle.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
No sense in trying to explain it to you. R/b traffic moves in a counter-clockwise direction. When you enter a r/b you are making continuous right turns to exit the r/b. Check the signage if you care too
Some people refer to a traffic circle as an intersection.

Thus the 1st exit is the same as making a right hand turn and you would be in the right lane to do so.

The 2nd exit is the same as going straight and continuing on the same road way. Thus if you have 2 lanes, both could go straight with each lane exiting from the same lane in which they entered.

The 3rd exit is the same as making a left turn. So you would need to enter in the inside lane, just as you would at a regular intersection. You would also exit from the inside lane. You never change lanes while inside a traffic circle.

ALL ENTERING TRAFFIC HAVE A YIELD SIGN and MUST YIELD TO ALL CARS THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE TRAFFIC CIRCLE.

This explains how a person makes a left hand turn inside a traffic circle. (It is by using the 3rd exit from which you entered the circle)

So, yes, YOU ARE CORRECT about continuous right turns, It is just that you need to enter AND exit in the proper lane according to the exit you plan to use.

Last edited by pqrstar; 04-29-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqrstar View Post

Thus the 1st exit is the same as making a right hand turn and you would be in the right lane to do so.

The 2nd exit is the same as going straight and continuing on the same road way. Thus of you have 2 lanes, both could go straight with each lane exiting from the same lane in which they entered.

The 3rd exit is the same as making a left turn. So you would need to be in the inside lane, just as you would at a regular intersection. You would exit from the inside lane.

ALL ENTERING TRAFFIC HAVE A YIELD SIGN and MUST YIELD TO YOU.

This explains how a person makes a left hand turn inside a traffic circle. (It by using the 3rd exit from which you entered the circle)

So, yes, YOU ARE CORRECT about continuous right turns, It is just that you need to enter AND exit in the proper lane according to the exit you plan to use.
This is the easiest way to understand a roundabout, and which lane you should be using to do what.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I guess no one had told you that it is OK to turn right from the left lane in a roundabout.

Well anyway, you seem to have learned the lesson on your own. If you are in the right lane, you should always expect the person in the left lane to turn right in front of you. It happens to me all the time.
I assume you are joking.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post

100% agree if done on a national level
They could wipe out the national debt

Driving isn't fun any longer
To wipe out the national debt, you would need to collect about $66,000 from every person in the country, even those who don't drive.
Old 04-29-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqrstar View Post

The 2nd exit is the same as going straight and continuing on the same road way. Thus of you have 2 lanes, both could go straight with each lane exiting from the same lane in which they entered.

The 3rd exit is the same as making a left turn. So you would need to be in the inside lane, just as you would at a regular intersection. You would exit from the inside lane.

ALL ENTERING TRAFFIC HAVE A YIELD SIGN and MUST YIELD TO YOU.

This explains how a person makes a left hand turn inside a traffic circle. (It by using the 3rd exit from which you entered the circle)

Thank you! Finally, someone who understands the rules. Great explanation. If only people could understand this and put it into practice.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
I assume you are joking.
No joke. Perfectly legal. Read the pamphlet another user posted if you’re confused.
Closed Thread

Tags
enforcement, traffic, speeds, past, notorious

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.