Traffic speeds ever increasing!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2018, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNY View Post
I have seen Village vehicles on Buena Vista doing way over 35miles an hour. So if Community Watch, Trollly, and Village airport vans cannot follow the law why should anyone? Sad world.
BV and MB have slow speed to allow LSV being cash for clunkers paid for most of them.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHH47 View Post
I am a advocate of driving the speed limit in The Villages. I question why Powell Rd has a 35 mile spoof limit. A 4 lane divided highway with very low volume side traffic I don’t understand why the speed couldn’t be a 45 MPH road like the 2 lane road north of 466A.
Probably to allow LSV to strip malls off 44
Old 04-30-2018, 08:40 AM

I agree. Too many cars and carts think they do not have to stop at stop signs on the 25mph streets. They just slow down to 20 (from 35) and slip on through regardless if there is a car stopped waiting for them to stop and take their turn. It is always "their turn" (so they think). So often I have a close call at the corner of Belle Meade and Argyll, or Legacy. Use of turn signals helps as well. They do not know how important they are. SLOW DOWN PEOPLE, YOU ARE RETIRED!
Old 04-30-2018, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I agree,my golf cart will run 20 mph. I think every golf cart that has ever followed me has passed me when I'm going 20 mph. Some of these golf carts will pass me going over 25 mph. Since I've lived here as a resident for 6 yrs. I've only seen 3 golf carts pulled over. People must set their own governor what they want it to run. Everytime I get something done to my cart at the dealer, they want me to sign a paper saying I'll let me reset or check my cart to see if it only runs 20 mph. Everytime I get it back it always runs slower. Personally I don't think it really does any good to have speed laws on carts that they don't even enforce. Also I don't think people on carts know what a STOP sign is, nobody stops, they slow down & go right on thru the sign. I'm surprise someone hasn't gotten T boned at one of the tunnels yet. People leave there turn signals on & people at the tunnel exit assume these people are going to turn. It was a bad design for the cart manufacturers not to put automatic disengaged turn signals on carts.
Well for one it hard to enforce traffic laws on private roads (MMP). I agree if they are speeding down the diamond lanes then should be open season. I also agree that any LEO can set on any street and ticket carts, cars, bikers, and probably walkers that refuse to walk single file. But, with other duties nearly impossible to monitor all streets.

I noticed most abuser's of golf cart speed limit are golfers racing to their next tee time. Gas golf cart will run close or over 40 MPH if you take the governor out. The lawn mower engine will just keep winding up to air intake limit. I witnessed several carts speed at 38 plus.

The two elect carts that can be manipulated faster are par carts and star carts, some star carts have high and low switch, on low limited to 20 mph, flip it to high side and 35 Plus. Other brands if computer can't be reset have to have high speed motor and bigger tires.

Most don't let their gas carts wind all the way down due to the centrifugal clutch when there no traffic close. If there at 4'way stop and they're there first what difference does it make. Just like cars that do the rolling stop when other vehicles are at the stop sign waiting. not in line until stop at stop signs which means behind the stop sign not with front bumper out in the intersection.

Few even law enforcement stop behind stops sign or come to complete stop. No big deal IMO unless there are vehicles already in line at intersections
Old 04-30-2018, 11:15 AM
Veteran member
Default Speed kills

Hi and thanks for the comments on speed. Well, we do have plenty of Happy Hours Bandits on the road. You can see them, take a walk at any square at about 3 to 6 and see the persons, who wobble over to the car or the cart. On the MMP paths, it is a real danger later in the day. Yes, we have our cart governed to 19.5 max. Carts over take us, then pull away after passing and that pull away is estimated at 10 mph so 20 plus 10 is 30. Some of us are keeping track, taking photos etc. It is a tragic event about to happen. So when this Village is, hopefully, hit with a class action lawsuit I will be first in line to tell some hair raising stories. This Village group will not support ID numbers on a cart. they will not support having a responsible call center to report offensive driving. I have called in about this, better to talk to a light pole. OK, the only thing they respond to is money money and money.
Their money making booze halls are well filled by the persons parking in the squares and going into drinking big time a big part of the day. Village Mgt. are enabling and helping this anomaly to happen and lei us hope they see a judge who will rap them, money is the only thing they respond to.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Enforcement

Hi it seems enforcement in the Villages is a thing of the past.
Note the trees that are overgrown, note the speeders and stop sign runners around, note the heavy drinkers buzzing by, throwing their beer cups out on the greens, note the rude folks cramming for a parking space next to their favorite watering hole. Note he Brightview guys in groups of 5 to 8 standing around and on their cell phones. Yep, it ain't what it used to be. So be it, please pardon the rant. The solution is to go away, so it takes time and it means a loss on the home since we bought into the dream when it was a dream.
Sorry.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi it seems enforcement in the Villages is a thing of the past.
Note the trees that are overgrown, note the speeders and stop sign runners around, note the heavy drinkers buzzing by, throwing their beer cups out on the greens, note the rude folks cramming for a parking space next to their favorite watering hole. Note he Brightview guys in groups of 5 to 8 standing around and on their cell phones. Yep, it ain't what it used to be. So be it, please pardon the rant. The solution is to go away, so it takes time and it means a loss on the home since we bought into the dream when it was a dream.
Sorry.
I think it's the fault of the... 'older generation.'

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-01-2018 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Misspelled word.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Well for one it hard to enforce traffic laws on private roads (MMP). I agree if they are speeding down the diamond lanes then should be open season. I also agree that any LEO can set on any street and ticket carts, cars, bikers, and probably walkers that refuse to walk single file. But, with other duties nearly impossible to monitor all streets.

I noticed most abuser's of golf cart speed limit are golfers racing to their next tee time. Gas golf cart will run close or over 40 MPH if you take the governor out. The lawn mower engine will just keep winding up to air intake limit. I witnessed several carts speed at 38 plus.

The two elect carts that can be manipulated faster are par carts and star carts, some star carts have high and low switch, on low limited to 20 mph, flip it to high side and 35 Plus. Other brands if computer can't be reset have to have high speed motor and bigger tires.

Most don't let their gas carts wind all the way down due to the centrifugal clutch when there no traffic close. If there at 4'way stop and they're there first what difference does it make. Just like cars that do the rolling stop when other vehicles are at the stop sign waiting. not in line until stop at stop signs which means behind the stop sign not with front bumper out in the intersection.

Few even law enforcement stop behind stops sign or come to complete stop. No big deal IMO unless there are vehicles already in line at intersections
I can't disagree with what you said, it's pretty much exactly what you said. I guess my point was, like the old saying, If your going to have laws use them, if not why have them. TOPSPINMO, good points!
Old 05-01-2018, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi and thanks for the comments on speed. Well, we do have plenty of Happy Hours Bandits on the road. You can see them, take a walk at any square at about 3 to 6 and see the persons, who wobble over to the car or the cart. On the MMP paths, it is a real danger later in the day. Yes, we have our cart governed to 19.5 max. Carts over take us, then pull away after passing and that pull away is estimated at 10 mph so 20 plus 10 is 30. Some of us are keeping track, taking photos etc. It is a tragic event about to happen. So when this Village is, hopefully, hit with a class action lawsuit I will be first in line to tell some hair raising stories. This Village group will not support ID numbers on a cart. they will not support having a responsible call center to report offensive driving. I have called in about this, better to talk to a light pole. OK, the only thing they respond to is money money and money.
Their money making booze halls are well filled by the persons parking in the squares and going into drinking big time a big part of the day. Village Mgt. are enabling and helping this anomaly to happen and lei us hope they see a judge who will rap them, money is the only thing they respond to.

What's the going price for Judge today? Oh wait, what, you say I am asking the wrong people, I should ask people who have bought and paid for Judges. Any idea of who that might be?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
enforcement, traffic, speeds, past, notorious

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.