Traffic Study shows proposed major roadways planned for Southern Oaks

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
We’re waiting for the peak, then hitting the road with a pile of cash. First in, first out as they say.
First sign of a downtrend we’re out of here.
What’s more important than money ? NOTHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why wait? You may miss the "peak"
Old 02-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts
Default Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDenise View Post
Odd that Buena Vista is still mapped to be straight south of Brownwood rather than continuing from where Beuna Vista now hits 44.

Also, the yellow outline of owned property really shows the mass of land south of the prison and 470. Looks bigger than all the rest down there currently mapped for development.
According to Mr. Google the Coleman Federal Correction Complex is 1,600 acres and is the largest BOP housing 7,200 prisioners. The prisioners on average have sentences of 10 years....
Old 02-10-2018, 01:33 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts
Default Brownwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I took the map, and overlaid with Google maps, and you are correct, the extension of Buena Vista does NOT line up with the existing Buena Vista at 44. Buena Vista Blvd, becomes Heritage Blvd south of 44 and goes through a development, so unless the county was going to buy all of those houses, it could not go straight across 44, too bad.
The areas to the south of 44 were developed for many reasons but one for sure....to enhance the investment the Developer has in the Brownwood complex. Tinker you are correct Buena Vista will end at 44.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Based on what was in yesterdays paper and now on TV website, it's not Lady Lake that should be worrying about the southern villagers going north, it's more like the south should be worried about the northern villagers coming south. The amenities that are going to be here are great along with easy access to the turnpike and I-75.

Look, we're happy that you are happy but time to get real. There are absolutely zero reasons why I , a Northern Villager would make a one hour trip in my golf cart (which is impossible now), or 30 minute trek in my car to use Fenny area amenities and currently non existent shopping opportunities. I already have a plethora of golf courses, swimming pools, rec centers, shopping, medical offices, and restaurants that I can get to within 5-15 minutes in my golf cart. I also have access to amenities like the Polo Fields, Savannah and Sharon entertainment centers, 2 bowling alleys, the two most popular town centers etc etc In time Fenney area will be great I am sure but it has zero attraction for those of us that enjoy everything right now.

Last edited by GoodLife; 02-10-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The areas to the south of 44 were developed for many reasons but one for sure....to enhance the investment the Developer has in the Brownwood complex. Tinker you are correct Buena Vista will end at 44.
You have it backwards. The Morse family makes the bulk of their profits from selling homes. Town Centers, golf courses, pools etc are amenities designed to sell the homes. Yes they make profits on the amenities but consider the profits from selling 26,000 homes vs the leases from buildings in Brownwood. There is no contest.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
<snip> What is lacking here is planning by the local municipalities, a prime example is the shameful mess known as Micro Racetrack and Rolling Acres drive. Both make up a major corridors of traffic that failed to be accounted for by the planners in Fruitland Park and Lady Lake. The tax revenue and impact funds that have come from the construction in The Villages is not being wisely spent on beefing up the infrastructure. <snip>
The roads and other infrastructure outside The Villages property are the responsibility of the cities and the counties, not the Developer to solve. The Developer is giving both lots of heads up on what is to come. <snip>
The conversation about planning boils down to money. The jurisdictions that hire the planners can't afford to upgrade infrastructure as fast as we citizens think they should.

For example, Micro Racetrack Rd and most of Rolling Acres Rd are both in unincorporated Lake County. Since the housing crash, Lake County has suffered a financial crunch. Also, Lake County is so large, the needs near The Villages do not rank significantly higher than other areas in Lake County. It's all about priorities.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

As my California buddy told me over 25 years ago, as we were headed to our tee time for a 36 hole day and seeing nothing but solid headlights heading to work in the dark at 6:00AM; "Take a good look at that traffic...as it will never be less than it is now."

Which actually applies to almost anywhere, but especially here given the fact of our growth and that The Developer's family isn't getting smaller...so they all need their piece of the pie.
Closed Thread

Tags
study, southern, oaks, development, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.