trail fee

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2015, 08:20 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I pay the trail fee, but walk 95% of the time. It covers up to 4 people living in my home, by deed or having the same address on your drivers license, with card. The best part is when I want to drive it is paid, plus there is no guilt for driving on after hours. A very small price to pay.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
It is per person if you don't get the annual trail fee for $141.which only good for the two in the household. If you ride with a guest you are free (not actually free but prepaid) and the guest pays $4.00.

I believe the OP was asking why each golfer that doesn't pay the annual trail fee has to each pay $4.00 if you only are using one cart. It's a money maker, that's why. Do the math: exec, players (w/o yearly prepaid) per day X $4.00 = Plenty$$$.

I don't want give "them" any ideas, but why isn't a trail fee charged on the championship courses? Their trails are much longer & probably cost more to put in and maintain.

The asterisk on the "free golf for life" sale's pitch is it's only free if you walk the executive courses.
Because the Championship courses charge green fees?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Veteran member

a trail fee is for a cart, one cart. my wife rides in the same cart as me and we have to pay $4 each. I don't think that's right. yes its only $4,but its not right.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
a trail fee is for a cart, one cart. my wife rides in the same cart as me and we have to pay $4 each. I don't think that's right.
I can see how you have become confused dreamer!!....But, THE TRAIL FEE IS NOT FOR A CART....by The Villages rules, it is per person UNLESS you pay the annual trail fee....it makes no difference what the nomenclature sounds like to you or what you think is right....it is just the way it is!!!....I hope this helps you!!!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
It is per person if you don't get the annual trail fee for $141.which only good for the two in the household. If you ride with a guest you are free (not actually free but prepaid) and the guest pays $4.00.

I believe the OP was asking why each golfer that doesn't pay the annual trail fee has to each pay $4.00 if you only are using one cart. It's a money maker, that's why. Do the math: exec, players (w/o yearly prepaid) per day X $4.00 = Plenty$$$.

I don't want give "them" any ideas, but why isn't a trail fee charged on the championship courses? Their trails are much longer & probably cost more to put in and maintain.

The asterisk on the "free golf for life" sale's pitch is it's only free if you walk the executive courses.
Are not the trail fees included in the cost of the priority membership fees for the championship courses?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:43 PM

Yes the trail fees are included when you pay for priority membership for the championship courses, so you don't pay an additional $141 on top of that.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Because the Championship courses charge green fees?

If you don't use your own cart on the championship courses and want to ride, you have to rent a cart for $10 for 18 holes on top of the green fees.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Are not the trail fees included in the cost of the priority membership fees for the championship courses?
Yes but they are only for the priority member. If your spouse is not a priority members they must pay trail fees to use the cart on executive courses.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

There are no trail fees on Championship courses. I walk for free on the Executive courses and don't get charged extra to ride/drive the Championships. I am not a priority member and I have never paid trail fees in TV.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.