Trailer Park being built next to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Sage

Don't think calling a person (trailer trash) driving & living in a million $ Prevost would fit--there is a RV park near Highlands ,NC where the setups go for $600K--
Old 10-02-2019, 07:09 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
I agree, we still go for the music after 12 yrs. Maybe allowing golf cart only parking at the squares at those hours.
I have always thought we could get more people close to the square w/golf cart parking only around the square during the 3-9 pm hours. You would still need handicap parking available.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Don't think calling a person (trailer trash) driving & living in a million $ Prevost would fit--there is a RV park near Highlands ,NC where the setups go for $600K--
Maybe whoever is calling them that, are talking about people who live in trailer homes (thus, "trailer trash," as opposed to "RV trash")...

JUST LIKE THE ONES IN THE VILLAGES THAT SOME OF US LIVE IN.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to clean my shot-gun before Brutus my hound dog wakes up. I have to take him off the bed of the pickup truck we keep on cinderblocks in the front yard, or he'll poop right there on the bed.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
That could be a good idea, as long as they have dedicated (and enforced) handicap CAR parking nearby as well (no golf carts allowed in those spots and anyone in one without a tag gets a ticket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I have always thought we could get more people close to the square w/golf cart parking only around the square during the 3-9 pm hours. You would still need handicap parking available.
Imagine that - a fresh idea coming from a heated thread.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:06 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Imagine that - a fresh idea coming from a heated thread.
Last year there were a lot of posts stating that Brownwood was dead, that no one goes there, no good restaurants, etc. Now all of a sudden it's too crowded, I think not and based on where the proposed RV park and apartments are being built, the crowds will be at Lake Sumter and Spanish Springs.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
That could be a good idea, as long as they have dedicated (and enforced) handicap CAR parking nearby as well (no golf carts allowed in those spots and anyone in one without a tag gets a ticket)
The squares are public. People from outside come to the squares. The merchants at the squares that pay for the entertainment are dependent on the patronage of us and the public.

Ticketing parking costs money. One of the best things about this place is that "THEY" haven't honored the whims and ideas of folks that drive the price up of living here.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:25 AM

It goes against the grain of many people grounded to solid footings, to dislike, even to have disdain for the "Gypsy" way of life regardless the cost of the wagon.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, park, built, trailer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.