Trailer Park being built next to The Villages

Trailer Park being built next to The Villages

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-24-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
This is not behind Burkes, it's up 441 near Lake Griffin. There goes the squares.
??

Steve

Old 09-24-2019, 09:17 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Yes, connected to the developers, I sure village amenities will be offered for free
I hope you are joking, because if that is true it would not be funny?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2019, 09:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, connected to the developers, I sure village amenities will be offered for free
The article says "a developer", not THE DEVELOPER. The Morse family is not involved.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 09-24-2019, 10:01 PM
Gold member

Is this what you’re referring to:

“Paul and Tim Rohan, whose brother, John, is the recreation director for The Villages, are two of the four applicants hoping to build the Sun Recreational Vehicle Development park. It would be located on about 90 acres owned by the Burke family behind their now-defunct restaurant, Burke’s BBQ, at 311 County Road 466. The other applicants are Carl Curly and Daniel Gibbs.” From the newspaper?
Old 09-25-2019, 06:33 AM

The one I'm talking about is taking over Burkes Tree Farm beside Publix at Colony Plaza.

Two brothers of a longtime prominent Villages official are hoping to bring a large-scale RV park to the outskirts of Fruitland Park – just outside the walls of Florida’s Friendliest Hometown – and the city commission isn’t happy about it.

Paul and Tim Rohan, whose brother, John, is the recreation director for The Villages, are two of the four applicants hoping to build the Sun Recreational Vehicle Development park. It would be located on about 90 acres owned by the Burke family behind their now-defunct restaurant, Burke’s BBQ, at 311 County Road 466.
The park, which would include 631 RV spaces – many of them apparently would be permanent, mobile-home-type models – would be located on a portion of the land where Burke’s Tree Farm now sits. It would be directly behind the backyards of homes in The Villages located along the Sumter County line.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 09-25-2019, 07:27 AM

There are electric utility lines that run behind houses there, at a good distance away.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

They are also building one in Leesburg on Rt. 44 just east of The plaza at the Rohan Rec. Center. and enlarging the one on 44 west of 301 in Wildwood. Lots of people coming to town.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Oh, I am sure they will not be "offered", hinted at - wink wink, nod nod...
Old 09-25-2019, 08:32 AM
Gold member

If they go ahead that should change who will buy in TV in the future probably effect the prices of homes too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-nut2 View Post
The one I'm talking about is taking over Burkes Tree Farm beside Publix at Colony Plaza.

Two brothers of a longtime prominent Villages official are hoping to bring a large-scale RV park to the outskirts of Fruitland Park – just outside the walls of Florida’s Friendliest Hometown – and the city commission isn’t happy about it.

Paul and Tim Rohan, whose brother, John, is the recreation director for The Villages, are two of the four applicants hoping to build the Sun Recreational Vehicle Development park. It would be located on about 90 acres owned by the Burke family behind their now-defunct restaurant, Burke’s BBQ, at 311 County Road 466.
The park, which would include 631 RV spaces – many of them apparently would be permanent, mobile-home-type models – would be located on a portion of the land where Burke’s Tree Farm now sits. It would be directly behind the backyards of homes in The Villages located along the Sumter County line.

What city commission “isn’t happy about it?” Fruitland Park? If so, why was it approved or hasn’t it been? Very confusing.

Tags
villages, park, built, trailer