Trailer Park being built next to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2019, 07:27 AM

There are electric utility lines that run behind houses there, at a good distance away.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

They are also building one in Leesburg on Rt. 44 just east of The plaza at the Rohan Rec. Center. and enlarging the one on 44 west of 301 in Wildwood. Lots of people coming to town.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Yes, connected to the developers, I sure village amenities will be offered for free
Oh, I am sure they will not be "offered", hinted at - wink wink, nod nod...
Old 09-25-2019, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,737 Posts

If they go ahead that should change who will buy in TV in the future probably effect the prices of homes too.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-nut2 View Post
The one I'm talking about is taking over Burkes Tree Farm beside Publix at Colony Plaza.

Two brothers of a longtime prominent Villages official are hoping to bring a large-scale RV park to the outskirts of Fruitland Park – just outside the walls of Florida’s Friendliest Hometown – and the city commission isn’t happy about it.

Paul and Tim Rohan, whose brother, John, is the recreation director for The Villages, are two of the four applicants hoping to build the Sun Recreational Vehicle Development park. It would be located on about 90 acres owned by the Burke family behind their now-defunct restaurant, Burke’s BBQ, at 311 County Road 466.
The park, which would include 631 RV spaces – many of them apparently would be permanent, mobile-home-type models – would be located on a portion of the land where Burke’s Tree Farm now sits. It would be directly behind the backyards of homes in The Villages located along the Sumter County line.

What city commission “isn’t happy about it?” Fruitland Park? If so, why was it approved or hasn’t it been? Very confusing.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmacowen View Post
This is not behind Burkes, it's up 441 near Lake Griffin. There goes the squares.
Read what I said... I commented and posted about Another RV resort, for a total of 2.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Oh, I am sure they will not be "offered", hinted at - wink wink, nod nod...
I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean that the people who are building the area that will have modular homes will offer to have Village amenities? They CAN'T because it will not be part of The Villages.

Do you mean that the Morse family or organization is trying to pull one over on us?

Do you think areas that have modular homes on them are all cut from the same cloth?

Do you think all apartments in New York are the same?

Do you think all real estate owned by a prominent member of the U.S. Government was gained by illicit means?

Didn't you just move here?
Old 09-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean that the people who are building the area that will have modular homes will offer to have Village amenities? They CAN'T because it will not be part of The Villages.

Do you mean that the Morse family or organization is trying to pull one over on us?

Do you think areas that have modular homes on them are all cut from the same cloth?

Do you think all apartments in New York are the same?

Do you think all real estate owned by a prominent member of the U.S. Government was gained by illicit means?

Didn't you just move here?
I think he means the RV spots will be advertised as "Close to all the amenities of The Villages!" the way other developments have advertised.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
What city commission “isn’t happy about it?” Fruitland Park? If so, why was it approved or hasn’t it been? Very confusing.
It is not in the city of Fruitland Park. It is in unincorporated Lake County. The county is reviewing the proposed development and has asked Fruitland Park for their opinion. City leaders are opposed but do not have direct control because the property is in the county.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:28 PM

Come on, folks. If you're worried about this-don't. Enjoy what you've got and let others do the same.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,500 Times in 3,103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
Come on, folks. If you're worried about this-don't. Enjoy what you've got and let others do the same.
Therein lies the concern:

Enjoy what you've got, and let others "do the same" = enjoy what YOU've got.

The more the merrier, until everyone who isn't paying for the privilege, incurs wear, tear, damage, crowding, congestion - and they raise the price of admission for everyone who IS paying for the privilege, so that the others can get what YOU've got for free.

Whether that's actual amenity-fee amenities, or maintenance fees, or infrastructure costs. If Villagers are footing the bill for it, then the Villagers absolutely should be concerned, and have a say.

If they're not the only ones footing the bill, then all's fair in love and happy hour lines. If it's unclear who is paying the bill, then it should be made clear.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Yes, connected to the developers, I sure village amenities will be offered for free
The name of this "developer" is Steve Lumbert.

He can't offer Villages amenities.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Therein lies the concern:

Enjoy what you've got, and let others "do the same" = enjoy what YOU've got.

The more the merrier, until everyone who isn't paying for the privilege, incurs wear, tear, damage, crowding, congestion - and they raise the price of admission for everyone who IS paying for the privilege, so that the others can get what YOU've got for free.

Whether that's actual amenity-fee amenities, or maintenance fees, or infrastructure costs. If Villagers are footing the bill for it, then the Villagers absolutely should be concerned, and have a say.

If they're not the only ones footing the bill, then all's fair in love and happy hour lines. If it's unclear who is paying the bill, then it should be made clear.
Villagers don't vote on things like this. Never did, never have. This is a CDD. This a large area run as a private business. I like the way it is run.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

The apartments and single family homes that are in the works outside of The Villages proper is more concerning as far as traffic, crowds, etc. as those residents will be year long vs the RV parks that will cater mostly to winter residents. The good thing is a larger population will result in more retail and restaurants, etc. TV though will eventually have to come up with a better way to keep non-residents from using the amenities that we pay for and have to be residents to enjoy. Has anyone ever been asked for an ID at a dog park for example.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post

Agree.

So many times I only get one pickle on my cheeseburger and you don't hear me complain about it.

Plus, you don't here me complain about the Designer Homes next to my million dollar Premier Home with expensive cars in my oversized garage.

Tags
villages, park, built, trailer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.