Trailer Park being built next to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Therein lies the concern:

Enjoy what you've got, and let others "do the same" = enjoy what YOU've got.

The more the merrier, until everyone who isn't paying for the privilege, incurs wear, tear, damage, crowding, congestion - and they raise the price of admission for everyone who IS paying for the privilege, so that the others can get what YOU've got for free.

Whether that's actual amenity-fee amenities, or maintenance fees, or infrastructure costs. If Villagers are footing the bill for it, then the Villagers absolutely should be concerned, and have a say.

If they're not the only ones footing the bill, then all's fair in love and happy hour lines. If it's unclear who is paying the bill, then it should be made clear.
No one knows if they're getting a free ride or not. Don't assume the worst. Knowing the Villages dictators, they're not getting something for nothing.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,470 Times in 3,094 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The apartments and single family homes that are in the works outside of The Villages proper is more concerning as far as traffic, crowds, etc. as those residents will be year long vs the RV parks that will cater mostly to winter residents. The good thing is a larger population will result in more retail and restaurants, etc. TV though will eventually have to come up with a better way to keep non-residents from using the amenities that we pay for and have to be residents to enjoy. Has anyone ever been asked for an ID at a dog park for example.
Apartments and single family homes outside the Villages aren't being built by the brother(s) of the Villages Director of Recreation. If you follow the posts in this thread, you'll see the discussion that you're responding to, is about this concern that the relative of a high-ranking "official-type person of great influence" of the Villages, is responsible for creating this new RV park, which will be in close proximity to actual Villages property.

I personally think it's a great idea, and I doubt there will be perks in it for RV owners that they won't have to pay for. But I don't know, and unless someone here has information to the contrary, no one else knows either.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Apartments and single family homes outside the Villages aren't being built by the brother(s) of the Villages Director of Recreation. If you follow the posts in this thread, you'll see the discussion that you're responding to, is about this concern that the relative of a high-ranking "official-type person of great influence" of the Villages, is responsible for creating this new RV park, which will be in close proximity to actual Villages property.
Exactly.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Agree.

So many times I only get one pickle on my cheeseburger and you don't hear me complain about it.

Plus, you don't here me complain about the Designer Homes next to my million dollar Premier Home with expensive cars in my oversized garage.

De. I am sorry about the one pickle. The rest is just you pullin' on our legs.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:03 AM

Regardless of exactly what it is or where it is, it won't be any worse than the storage facility adjacent to some of the TV homes that border some TV homes on 466A and Micro Racetrack Rd.

Why the big stink? Ridiculous!
I'd be willing to bet those residents who are complaining never complained about this kind of thing where they previously lived.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:52 PM

I think the villages is missing out. They could have made an upscale RV park part of the villages to get a portion of that market. Many of the RVs cost more than a house. I guess TV doesn't really need it, they have all the business they need. I think a lot of RVers would love to have access to all the amenities.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I have no idea but I can't believe the RV park would have golf cart access to The Villages. That is, unless they have to pay amenities fees etc. It will be interesting to watch.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:08 PM
Sage

The Villagers are currently “missing out”;

On traffic especially during Snowbird season,
Line ups for restaurants, they are just too short sometimes,
Congestion in stores and parking lots,
No seats or parking at the squares,
Tee times, if the RV people were allowed to play,
Lessons now the wait is only one hour in the winter, why not make it 2 hours,
The value of our homes dropping.
And so on....

Actually, I don’t think they can use the amenities we pay for, but will they try to sneak in to our pools and other things, human nature being what it is.

If I had wanted to share my neighborhood pool etc I may just as well forget about TV and stay in the city. Get the crowds and noise here all the time already.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

My first suggestion is to rename the thread using RV Park instead of trailer park.

Secondly I wonder how many posting here have ever been in an RV park.

The allegations the RV park would be a way for low income housing to "...creep in..." is a misdirected opinion. Entitled to it? Yes! Appropriate to the subject at hand? IMHO....no.

Most rigs in most RV parks are significantly more costly than many "low income" neighborhoods.

Bring it on. It will not affect the life style or values, real or perceived of any residents in TV!!
Old 09-28-2019, 08:04 AM

"many of them apparently would be permanent, mobile-home-type models"
Read what is says. This is not just a RV Park.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 09-28-2019, 08:12 AM
Sage

The problem is not low income RV people, they do not own the land and have little vested interest in up keeping it, I was an RVer myself at one time. Fun way to see the world. The problem is overcrowding. People are sold the idea of Lifestyle in TV and that is clawed away bit by bit by selling the same thing to too many people. How are TV people and their areas protected from nonTV individuals? Because it looks to me they come to eat at the trough as often as possible. I would like to see security measures in place for the owners in TV to protect our Lifestyle.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The problem is not low income RV people, they do not own the land and have little vested interest in up keeping it, I was an RVer myself at one time. Fun way to see the world. The problem is overcrowding. People are sold the idea of Lifestyle in TV and that is clawed away bit by bit by selling the same thing to too many people. How are TV people and their areas protected from nonTV individuals? Because it looks to me they come to eat at the trough as often as possible. I would like to see security measures in place for the owners in TV to protect our Lifestyle.
Wow!
What would you suggest?
Old 09-28-2019, 11:17 AM
Sage

Like at hotels swipe the Villagers ID to get into places such as pools? Have a limit on how many non Villagers can use amenities? I guess the squares are free for all, etc. Maybe the great growth in number of people will justify public transportation finally?
Old 09-28-2019, 11:18 AM
Sage

I bought 6 months ago, relatives bought 30 years ago. While the sky is not falling, sadness grows as the disregard for TV lifestyle becomes more clear with the constant increasing of crowding.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
The Villagers are currently “missing out”;

On traffic especially during Snowbird season,
Line ups for restaurants, they are just too short sometimes,
Congestion in stores and parking lots,
No seats or parking at the squares,
Tee times, if the RV people were allowed to play,
Lessons now the wait is only one hour in the winter, why not make it 2 hours,
The value of our homes dropping.
And so on....

Actually, I don’t think they can use the amenities we pay for, but will they try to sneak in to our pools and other things, human nature being what it is.

If I had wanted to share my neighborhood pool etc I may just as well forget about TV and stay in the city. Get the crowds and noise here all the time already.
Talk about, now I am a resident, please shut the door!

Are you sure TV is for you?
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, park, built, trailer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.