Trailwinds 466A.....by cart?

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Default Trailwinds 466A.....by cart?

I searched the forum - nothing found.

I prefer cart travel over car travel but my cart is not street legal. Yes I have parked my cart in the Village neighborhood across from Trailwinds and walked over but there is no fun in that!

Part of Trailwinds is contiguous to TV.

Any idea if one day there may be a cart path leading to the treasure trove of retailers?
Old 01-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

As 'da Family' does not own the land that Trailwinds occupies, very little, to no chance, of golf cart access
Old 01-12-2020, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
I prefer cart travel over car travel but my cart is not street legal. Yes I have parked my cart in the Village neighborhood across from Trailwinds and walked over but there is no fun in that!

Part of Trailwinds is contiguous to TV.

Any idea if one day there may be a cart path leading to the treasure trove of retailers?
That's how I feel about the shopping across Rolling Acres (with Best Buy) So close yet so far ... by cart!

kathy
Old 01-12-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Will not happen. The Morse's want you to shop in their establishments. They would lose money with cart access to Trailwinds.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Will not happen. The Morse's want you to shop in their establishments. They would lose money with cart access to Trailwinds.
How about the real reason, if you can go out that way everyone else can come in that way. Look at the mess at the gate on the historical side, people have no idea how many outside residents come in that way. Anyone can get a pass from an acquaintance or employ several other techniques and manned gates are expensive.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

The Trailwinds development is actually part of Wildwood, and it has been announced NO golf cart access from TV. I actually looked at Google earth and there is only 1 location where this could be done, at one of the pools, and this would be very detrimental to the home owners in the area.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

This has been brought up numerous times since Trailwinds broke ground 3 years ago. Trailwinds and Beaumont Properties are directly across from Pinellas Plaza, property owned by TV. When excavation started on Trailwinds, even before Lowes opened in January 2018, TV immediately put a split rail fence around Sand Hill Executive. That's the nine on the corner of Buena Vista and 466A. A person who didn't care about trespassing could of cut across that golf course until the fence was installed. I watched the fence go up since I drive by there almost everyday going to MVP. If you don't believe that, look for a fence around Turtle Mound Executive across the street, there isn't one. No need to put one there.

For example, how this hurts Villages Leasing. TV gave exclusive leases to Subway at Colony, Pinellas and Traverse, meaning Jersey Mike's could not come in. They went into Trailwinds and last summer that location went from being new to #1 Jersey Mike's location in the USA out of 1600 stores. I asked Randy the manager on Friday if it was still busy or did Taco Bell, Burger King and Wendys slow you down. He said on Thursday they sold 800 subs.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

I'm still amazed that property didn't end up in The Villages. After all, who runs Sumter County?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:31 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Will not happen. The Morse's want you to shop in their establishments.

I've missed it, where is Morse's Lowe's???

Old 01-12-2020, 05:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
This has been brought up numerous times since Trailwinds broke ground 3 years ago. Trailwinds and Beaumont Properties are directly across from Pinellas Plaza, property owned by TV. When excavation started on Trailwinds, even before Lowes opened in January 2018, TV immediately put a split rail fence around Sand Hill Executive. That's the nine on the corner of Buena Vista and 466A. A person who didn't care about trespassing could of cut across that golf course until the fence was installed. I watched the fence go up since I drive by there almost everyday going to MVP. If you don't believe that, look for a fence around Turtle Mound Executive across the street, there isn't one. No need to put one there.

For example, how this hurts Villages Leasing. TV gave exclusive leases to Subway at Colony, Pinellas and Traverse, meaning Jersey Mike's could not come in. They went into Trailwinds and last summer that location went from being new to #1 Jersey Mike's location in the USA out of 1600 stores. I asked Randy the manager on Friday if it was still busy or did Taco Bell, Burger King and Wendys slow you down. He said on Thursday they sold 800 subs.
What you failed to mention is the huge residential building project about to develop in the area surrounding Trailwinds. Those residents would have have access to The Villages cart paths if another sorry gate like the one on the historical side was installed. The Squares will be busy enough without cartpath access. What does it take once in awhile to start the car and go a couple of miles?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

800 subs in one day? I like Jersey Mikes (there was one about 1/2 mile from me in NJ) but I'd take that with a grain of kosher salt, ham & turkey with some peppers and no mayo or onions! They are opened 11 hours so that would be at minimum 73 subs continuously every hour they were opened! Even with 2 people continuously making them all day and doing nothing else like taking cash or going to the bathroom or having lunch that would be 36.5 subs per person every hour or almost 2 subs every MINUTE !!!! Maybe he meant 80 ?

However I do agree with you on the rest of your post.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 01-12-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
What you failed to mention is the huge residential building project about to develop in the area surrounding Trailwinds. Those residents would have have access to The Villages cart paths if another sorry gate like the one on the historical side was installed. The Squares will be busy enough without cartpath access. What does it take once in awhile to start the car and go a couple of miles?
True, but The Villages is a Golf Cart community so we like to drive our golf carts everywhere. Besides, all those "outsiders" need to do is climb into their car and drive in! Whether it is by golf cart or car "if we have it they will come." So really, what's the difference?n I don't think there will be that many golf carts in that new area because they likely don't have anyplace to go with them. If TV were smart, since they can come anyway by car, bus or bicycle and spend their money here they would consider making it GC accessible. Without "outsiders" spending money in the stores the squares would be a ghost town (except for the dog bakeries and dog clothes stores ).

Last edited by EdFNJ; 01-12-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
You mean, like they have a duty to their business tenants?
Old 01-12-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
800 subs in one day? I like Jersey Mikes (there was one about 1/2 mile from me in NJ) but I'd take that with a grain of kosher salt, ham & turkey with some peppers and no mayo or onions! They are opened 11 hours so that would be at minimum 73 subs continuously every hour they were opened! Even with 2 people continuously making them all day and doing nothing else like taking cash or going to the bathroom or having lunch that would be 36.5 subs per person every hour or almost 2 subs every MINUTE !!!! Maybe he meant 80 ?

However I do agree with you on the rest of your post.
It might be true. I was there at 11:30 on Thursday (very busy) and there was a sign that said it was their "birthday" and all regular subs would be $5.00 that day. I doubt he said 80!! I do know they had business already at 10:30 as I parked in front to go to Beauty First for a hair-cut and say people coming out of J.M.'s at that time.

As for golf-cart accessability---if you look at the stop-light at Pinellas. There "might" be a road access into Trail-winds there. BUT to go by golf-cart, one would have to have an LSE to do it (as a controlled intersection). The road hasn't been completed yet, so it's hard to say at this moment. It might be as another said that it will be like the Best-buy area and not be accessible.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
That's true, the Beaumont Properties that I mentioned directly across from Pinellas Plaza. If we had access to Trailwinds then everyone from Beaumont and pretty much all of Wildwood would have access to us and be driving golf carts into TV, it's a 2-way street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ
They are opened 11 hours so that would be at minimum 73 subs continuously every hour they were opened! Even with 2 people continuously making them all day and doing nothing else like taking cash or going to the bathroom or having lunch that would be 36.5 subs per person every hour or almost 2 subs every MINUTE !!!! Maybe he meant 80 ?
800 is nothing, they have one person on the grill, one slicing meats, one making the subs Mike's Way and one wrapping and one ringing up the sale, it's like an assembly line. That's 5 people, they normally have about 8 people on duty so they can rotate. The queue line can go out the side door quite often. I worked in a sub shop when I was 19 in Ocean City Maryland on the boardwalk and we made about 500 steak subs a day. If you think about, 800 x $5 is only $4,000, add in the combo which is a drink and chips for $3, that's $2500. I would think $10,000 in a day is very doable.

Last edited by John_W; 01-12-2020 at 09:14 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, trailwinds, travel, fun, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.