Trailwinds 466A.....by cart?

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

At some point there will be commercial development on Miller (466A) as it heads to Fruitland Park. None will be GC accessible.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Will not happen. The Morse's want you to shop in their establishments. They would lose money with cart access to Trailwinds.
I personally think there's a lot of truth in your observation.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:23 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
True, but The Villages is a Golf Cart community so we like to drive our golf carts everywhere. Besides, all those "outsiders" need to do is climb into their car and drive in! Whether it is by golf cart or car "if we have it they will come." So really, what's the difference?n I don't think there will be that many golf carts in that new area because they likely don't have anyplace to go with them. If TV were smart, since they can come anyway by car, bus or bicycle and spend their money here they would consider making it GC accessible. Without "outsiders" spending money in the stores the squares would be a ghost town (except for the dog bakeries and dog clothes stores ).
I can think of one instance immediately. A Villager out for a bike ride was creamed and almost killed by a non-Villager who snuck in with his golfcart and came around a bend while in the middle of the cart path. The cyclist was severely injured. If one would like them on our paths, charge a healthy toll to help us maintain the cart paths.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I personally think there's a lot of truth in your observation.
I found the post you quoted very difficult to read. Orange background off color font. Anybody else?
Old 01-12-2020, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I found the post you quoted very difficult to read. Orange background off color font. Anybody else?
The way it appeared on my laptop was a green background with orange colored font (this was the post he was replying to) with the normal tan color and black font for his own post. It wasn't hard to read. I don't think I saw the same color combination you did, Bogie. I'm on the original version, not the new version.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I can think of one instance immediately. A Villager out for a bike ride was creamed and almost killed by a non-Villager who snuck in with his golfcart and came around a bend while in the middle of the cart path. The cyclist was severely injured. If one would like them on our paths, charge a healthy toll to help us maintain the cart paths.
Gotcha, no one wants them but "insiders" probably "almost kill" as many people as "outsiders" driving or biking on the roads. Accidents will happen everywhere by anyone. Unfortunately we can't hide from it.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:28 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I'm still amazed that property didn't end up in The Villages. After all, who runs Sumter County?

Facts sometimes get in the way of conspiracy theories.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

If I remember correctly, TV originally was going to buy the property, but Wildwood insisted on free and open golf cart access to Wildwood. TV would not agree and Wildwood would not approve the TV development plans so TV did not complete the purchase. Trailwinds is the result.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
If I remember correctly, TV originally was going to buy the property, but Wildwood insisted on free and open golf cart access to Wildwood. TV would not agree and Wildwood would not approve the TV development plans so TV did not complete the purchase. Trailwinds is the result.
I don't think that was the issue. First of all, how many residents of Wildwood proper own a golf cart? And secondly there would have to be a crossing of CR 462, 466A west of Powell, and 301 for those who live on the west side of Wildwood. I think the reason was more political in nature
Old 01-13-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Will not happen. The Morse's want you to shop in their establishments. They would lose money with cart access to Trailwinds.
Yesssss....that makes a ton of sense.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:03 AM

No one needs a pass to get through ANY gate. They are for traffic control only.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
This has been brought up numerous times since Trailwinds broke ground 3 years ago. Trailwinds and Beaumont Properties are directly across from Pinellas Plaza, property owned by TV. When excavation started on Trailwinds, even before Lowes opened in January 2018, TV immediately put a split rail fence around Sand Hill Executive. That's the nine on the corner of Buena Vista and 466A. A person who didn't care about trespassing could of cut across that golf course until the fence was installed. I watched the fence go up since I drive by there almost everyday going to MVP. If you don't believe that, look for a fence around Turtle Mound Executive across the street, there isn't one. No need to put one there.

For example, how this hurts Villages Leasing. TV gave exclusive leases to Subway at Colony, Pinellas and Traverse, meaning Jersey Mike's could not come in. They went into Trailwinds and last summer that location went from being new to #1 Jersey Mike's location in the USA out of 1600 stores. I asked Randy the manager on Friday if it was still busy or did Taco Bell, Burger King and Wendys slow you down. He said on Thursday they sold 800 subs.

Excellent points - thanks.

I have issues with Trailwinds Jersey Mike's - will make separate post in appropriate category....
Old 01-13-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
That's how I feel about the shopping across Rolling Acres (with Best Buy) So close yet so far ... by cart!

kathy
Old 01-13-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
800 subs in one day? I like Jersey Mikes (there was one about 1/2 mile from me in NJ) but I'd take that with a grain of kosher salt, ham & turkey with some peppers and no mayo or onions! They are opened 11 hours so that would be at minimum 73 subs continuously every hour they were opened! Even with 2 people continuously making them all day and doing nothing else like taking cash or going to the bathroom or having lunch that would be 36.5 subs per person every hour or almost 2 subs every MINUTE !!!! Maybe he meant 80 ?

However I do agree with you on the rest of your post.
If memory serves - I believe Mr. Helpful was having lunch at Mike's on the 800 Thursday......
Old 01-13-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It depends if you were viewing the old version of the forum or the new version.

Tags
cart, trailwinds, travel, fun, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.