Trailwinds 466A.....by cart?

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
If I remember correctly, TV originally was going to buy the property, but Wildwood insisted on free and open golf cart access to Wildwood. TV would not agree and Wildwood would not approve the TV development plans so TV did not complete the purchase. Trailwinds is the result.
Really? Wildwood wanted access to The Villages' golf courses for all of their residents......for free? If that is true, I understand why The Villages wanted no part of that deal.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Really? Wildwood wanted access to The Villages' golf courses for all of their residents......for free? If that is true, I understand why The Villages wanted no part of that deal.
Unless I have misread the post you quoted, I think you have misunderstood the post.
Wildwood wanted open to all golf cart access to TV.
Not TV golf courses.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I believe TV plan was to build homes, villas and no commercial property since Pinellas Plaza was already there. Wildwood voted no for probably the first time and said they wanted commercial development. The Villages could of proposed something different, but didn't see the possibilties the same way The Barclay Group did, mixed use. They develop shopping centers all over the country and we're almost in their backyard since they are based in Safety Harbor next to Clearwater.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-13-2020, 09:36 AM

I don't know if any of you remember when the Villages wanted to build homes on that trailwinds property, they had a picture in the Sun paper showing a golf cart access tying it to the rest of TV. I think it's a shame they don't open it, their just causing more inconvenience to people and adding to the car traffic on the streets.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genobambino View Post
I don't know if any of you remember when the Villages wanted to build homes on that trailwinds property, they had a picture in the Sun paper showing a golf cart access tying it to the rest of TV. I think it's a shame they don't open it, their just causing more inconvenience to people and adding to the car traffic on the streets.
Really? Not being able to take your golf cart outside of the community is an inconvenience?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I personally think there's a lot of truth in your observation.
Was going down 466a one evening and noticed tail lights saw a golf cart that used 466a till he came to the side walk then got on sidewalk till he came to Burger King then turned in. I was shocked to see the golf cart. He must have been really hungry to take a chance of driving on 466a!
Old 01-13-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
......I prefer cart travel over car travel......
Unless you’re going to or from a golf course, Why, Why, Why?

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The way it appeared on my laptop was a green background with orange colored font (this was the post he was replying to) with the normal tan color and black font for his own post. It wasn't hard to read. I don't think I saw the same color combination you did, Bogie. I'm on the original version, not the new version.
I too, am using the original version and the quote is the exact same...as how I've been doing it for a long time now.

I personally find a bolded, 'DarkOrange' font, with the green background...the easiest to read.

It sounds like Bogie is saying that it shows up differently on the new version...since I'm not doing anything differently on my end.

When forced to use the new, currently garish, version...I guess I'll have to figure out something else.
Old 01-13-2020, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was leaving Brownwood MVP last week and was headed to Powell Rd on Kessell, directly across from Alden Bungalows. Coming across Powell and up Kessell was a fellow who I estimate was about 350, probably 40 years old, riding his mobility scooter. Kind looked like this. Unless he was staying in Alden, he had to come from 44A and Wildwood. If You Build it, they Will Come!!

The Villages Florida
Old 01-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I was leaving Brownwood MVP last week and was headed to Powell Rd on Kessell, directly across from Alden Bungalows. Coming across Powell and up Kessell was a fellow who I estimate was about 350, probably 40 years old, riding his mobility scooter. Kind looked like this. Unless he was staying in Alden, he had to come from 44A and Wildwood. If You Build it, they Will Come!!

The Villages Florida
Good thing you pointed out his weight. Way to keep it classy.
Old 01-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.

Mainly because it's often fun and it's part of The Villages lifestyle. Also saves on gas vs insurance of a 2nd car. That plus we all don't have 2 cars (some people have none) so the GC is their 2nd vehicle and since this is a "GOLF CART COMMUNITY' they drive around in golf carts. Aside from all that, mine has A/C & heat so your comment does not affect me but I did drive one for a couple months in july/aug and while it ain't like A/C it wasn't that awful. There are a lot more golf carts here than there are people who play golf so I would guess you are in the minority with your opinion.
Old 01-13-2020, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Unless I have misread the post you quoted, I think you have misunderstood the post.
Wildwood wanted open to all golf cart access to TV.
Not TV golf courses.
I guess I read that wrong. But.....giving Wildwood residents access to TV MMPs would have been even worse. I'm so glad the Morses told Wildwood to go take a hike!
Old 01-13-2020, 08:10 PM
Sage

Quote:

Not all golf carts are what you described. I have an electric Yamaha and it is quiet, smooth, odor free and extremely comfortable. I have upgraded seats with lumbar support and arm rests. My directionals are self cancelling just like a car. I have high beams just like a car so I can easily see at night.

Having said that, I don't drive the golf cart more than five miles one way. My car is for anything beyond 5 miles from our home. I refuse to drive the cart north of 466 on Morse. It is too dangerous for my liking.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,352 Times in 2,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The way it appeared on my laptop was a green background with orange colored font (this was the post he was replying to) with the normal tan color and black font for his own post. It wasn't hard to read. I don't think I saw the same color combination you did, Bogie. I'm on the original version, not the new version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I too, am using the original version and the quote is the exact same...as how I've been doing it for a long time now.

I personally find a bolded, 'DarkOrange' font, with the green background...the easiest to read.

It sounds like Bogie is saying that it shows up differently on the new version...since I'm not doing anything differently on my end.

When forced to use the new, currently garish, version...I guess I'll have to figure out something else.
I went back to old version...easy to read. The problem is on the new version color combinations.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:

Most of us have golf carts because we no longer have the need to get somewhere every time we get into a vehicle, that carts provide a way to enjoy nature and a more intimate spontaneous relationship with people, many we never met before. My visiting grandkids all have drivers licenses and when they are here, unless they leave the bubbly, they only use carts. They are learning the enjoyment of a "retired" life style pace at the age of 17 and 19. There are people here who don't get the lifestyle yet for some reason moved here. It's ok, just that you are missing a lot of what this place has to offer.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, trailwinds, travel, fun, part

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.