Trailwinds 466A.....by cart?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 01-13-2020, 08:24 AM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 3,533
Thanks: 221
Thanked 1,972 Times in 819 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcdonald View Post
If I remember correctly, TV originally was going to buy the property, but Wildwood insisted on free and open golf cart access to Wildwood. TV would not agree and Wildwood would not approve the TV development plans so TV did not complete the purchase. Trailwinds is the result.
Really? Wildwood wanted access to The Villages' golf courses for all of their residents......for free? If that is true, I understand why The Villages wanted no part of that deal.
__________________
coffeebean
Covid vaccine? Sign me up!!!
  #32  
Old 01-13-2020, 08:38 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,116
Thanks: 449
Thanked 2,091 Times in 717 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Really? Wildwood wanted access to The Villages' golf courses for all of their residents......for free? If that is true, I understand why The Villages wanted no part of that deal.
Unless I have misread the post you quoted, I think you have misunderstood the post.
Wildwood wanted open to all golf cart access to TV.
Not TV golf courses.
  #33  
Old 01-13-2020, 08:53 AM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 1,122
Thanked 1,536 Times in 671 Posts
Default

I believe TV plan was to build homes, villas and no commercial property since Pinellas Plaza was already there. Wildwood voted no for probably the first time and said they wanted commercial development. The Villages could of proposed something different, but didn't see the possibilties the same way The Barclay Group did, mixed use. They develop shopping centers all over the country and we're almost in their backyard since they are based in Safety Harbor next to Clearwater.

The Villages Florida
  #34  
Old 01-13-2020, 09:36 AM
genobambino genobambino is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pine Hills
Posts: 63
Thanks: 438
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I don't know if any of you remember when the Villages wanted to build homes on that trailwinds property, they had a picture in the Sun paper showing a golf cart access tying it to the rest of TV. I think it's a shame they don't open it, their just causing more inconvenience to people and adding to the car traffic on the streets.
  #35  
Old 01-13-2020, 10:27 AM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,460
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,026 Times in 391 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genobambino View Post
I don't know if any of you remember when the Villages wanted to build homes on that trailwinds property, they had a picture in the Sun paper showing a golf cart access tying it to the rest of TV. I think it's a shame they don't open it, their just causing more inconvenience to people and adding to the car traffic on the streets.
Really? Not being able to take your golf cart outside of the community is an inconvenience?
  #36  
Old 01-13-2020, 02:01 PM
Debboguch50 Debboguch50 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I personally think there's a lot of truth in your observation.
Was going down 466a one evening and noticed tail lights saw a golf cart that used 466a till he came to the side walk then got on sidewalk till he came to Burger King then turned in. I was shocked to see the golf cart. He must have been really hungry to take a chance of driving on 466a!
  #37  
Old 01-13-2020, 02:59 PM
Aw Man Aw Man is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 213
Thanks: 1,271
Thanked 76 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
......I prefer cart travel over car travel......
Unless you’re going to or from a golf course, Why, Why, Why?

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.
  #38  
Old 01-13-2020, 04:24 PM
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 10,516
Thanks: 82
Thanked 1,447 Times in 630 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The way it appeared on my laptop was a green background with orange colored font (this was the post he was replying to) with the normal tan color and black font for his own post. It wasn't hard to read. I don't think I saw the same color combination you did, Bogie. I'm on the original version, not the new version.
I too, am using the original version and the quote is the exact same...as how I've been doing it for a long time now.

I personally find a bolded, 'DarkOrange' font, with the green background...the easiest to read.

It sounds like Bogie is saying that it shows up differently on the new version...since I'm not doing anything differently on my end.

When forced to use the new, currently garish, version...I guess I'll have to figure out something else.
  #39  
Old 01-13-2020, 04:52 PM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove
Posts: 5,461
Thanks: 1,122
Thanked 1,536 Times in 671 Posts
Default

I was leaving Brownwood MVP last week and was headed to Powell Rd on Kessell, directly across from Alden Bungalows. Coming across Powell and up Kessell was a fellow who I estimate was about 350, probably 40 years old, riding his mobility scooter. Kind looked like this. Unless he was staying in Alden, he had to come from 44A and Wildwood. If You Build it, they Will Come!!

The Villages Florida
  #40  
Old 01-13-2020, 05:13 PM
photo1902 photo1902 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,048
Thanks: 446
Thanked 492 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I was leaving Brownwood MVP last week and was headed to Powell Rd on Kessell, directly across from Alden Bungalows. Coming across Powell and up Kessell was a fellow who I estimate was about 350, probably 40 years old, riding his mobility scooter. Kind looked like this. Unless he was staying in Alden, he had to come from 44A and Wildwood. If You Build it, they Will Come!!

The Villages Florida
Good thing you pointed out his weight. Way to keep it classy.
  #41  
Old 01-13-2020, 05:30 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Sage
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 2,546
Thanks: 537
Thanked 1,409 Times in 578 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Unless you’re going to or from a golf course, Why, Why, Why?

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.

Mainly because it's often fun and it's part of The Villages lifestyle. Also saves on gas vs insurance of a 2nd car. That plus we all don't have 2 cars (some people have none) so the GC is their 2nd vehicle and since this is a "GOLF CART COMMUNITY' they drive around in golf carts. Aside from all that, mine has A/C & heat so your comment does not affect me but I did drive one for a couple months in july/aug and while it ain't like A/C it wasn't that awful. There are a lot more golf carts here than there are people who play golf so I would guess you are in the minority with your opinion.
  #42  
Old 01-13-2020, 08:03 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 3,533
Thanks: 221
Thanked 1,972 Times in 819 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Unless I have misread the post you quoted, I think you have misunderstood the post.
Wildwood wanted open to all golf cart access to TV.
Not TV golf courses.
I guess I read that wrong. But.....giving Wildwood residents access to TV MMPs would have been even worse. I'm so glad the Morses told Wildwood to go take a hike!
__________________
coffeebean
Covid vaccine? Sign me up!!!
  #43  
Old 01-13-2020, 08:10 PM
coffeebean coffeebean is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Village of Mallory Square
Posts: 3,533
Thanks: 221
Thanked 1,972 Times in 819 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Unless you’re going to or from a golf course, Why, Why, Why?

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.
Not all golf carts are what you described. I have an electric Yamaha and it is quiet, smooth, odor free and extremely comfortable. I have upgraded seats with lumbar support and arm rests. My directionals are self cancelling just like a car. I have high beams just like a car so I can easily see at night.

Having said that, I don't drive the golf cart more than five miles one way. My car is for anything beyond 5 miles from our home. I refuse to drive the cart north of 466 on Morse. It is too dangerous for my liking.

.
__________________
coffeebean
Covid vaccine? Sign me up!!!
  #44  
Old 01-13-2020, 09:12 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,609
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1,237 Times in 600 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The way it appeared on my laptop was a green background with orange colored font (this was the post he was replying to) with the normal tan color and black font for his own post. It wasn't hard to read. I don't think I saw the same color combination you did, Bogie. I'm on the original version, not the new version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I too, am using the original version and the quote is the exact same...as how I've been doing it for a long time now.

I personally find a bolded, 'DarkOrange' font, with the green background...the easiest to read.

It sounds like Bogie is saying that it shows up differently on the new version...since I'm not doing anything differently on my end.

When forced to use the new, currently garish, version...I guess I'll have to figure out something else.
I went back to old version...easy to read. The problem is on the new version color combinations.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #45  
Old 01-13-2020, 09:19 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,070
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,396 Times in 528 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Unless you’re going to or from a golf course, Why, Why, Why?

I just don’t understand what mature adults find enjoyable about riding around The Villages in bumpy, smelly and uncomfortable golf carts.

Even my visiting grandchildren, once they got a driver’s license, dropped the golf carts like they were an old toy.
Most of us have golf carts because we no longer have the need to get somewhere every time we get into a vehicle, that carts provide a way to enjoy nature and a more intimate spontaneous relationship with people, many we never met before. My visiting grandkids all have drivers licenses and when they are here, unless they leave the bubbly, they only use carts. They are learning the enjoyment of a "retired" life style pace at the age of 17 and 19. There are people here who don't get the lifestyle yet for some reason moved here. It's ok, just that you are missing a lot of what this place has to offer.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, trailwinds, travel, fun, part

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.