Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Trailwinds Village Adding More Shops (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/trailwinds-village-adding-more-shops-287153/)

Midnight Cowgirl 06-09-2019 07:32 PM

There Are MANY Choices in Florida!

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1656569)
There are only two cheesecake factories in Florida both in extreme high traffic areas one in Winter Park and one in Orlando. Within opening there is a 45 minute wait that increases as day goes on everyday pretty much stays consistent until close. TV could never support their business plan. But it’s always a nice thought.

Up north we live within 30 minutes of one. If we are not there at opening, we skip them, or just order online pickup a to go order.

Sorry, but there are MANY Cheesecake Factory restaurants in Florida other than the two you mentioned:

2 in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Naples, Jacksonville, Sarasota, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Boca Raton, Brandon, Sunrise, Palm Beach Gardens, and Pembroke Pines.

I've eaten in many of them and never have I ever had a bad meal.

dnobles 06-09-2019 07:48 PM

Plus all the garbage from Trailwinds blows on Palmetto golf course

beachbaby 06-09-2019 07:55 PM

Cheesecake Factory in Tampa

UpNorth 06-10-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnobles (Post 1656584)
Plus all the garbage from Trailwinds blows on Palmetto golf course

Unless the wind is from the South. Then it blows onto Sandhill....:icon_wink:

Madelaine Amee 06-10-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valuemkt (Post 1632563)
Good luck to First Watch .. Darrell's will crush it ..

Don't agree with your comment at all. First Watch is great, their food is a cut above most other breakfast/lunch places and their prices are excellent. The one off Spanish Springs is always busy from opening to close.

EdFNJ 06-10-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1656575)
Sorry, within reasonable driving distance of TV.. not total in the state. Must be raining to get thrashed so quickly

:a20: on that one.

DeanFL 06-10-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1656678)
Don't agree with your comment at all. First Watch is great, their food is a cut above most other breakfast/lunch places and their prices are excellent. The one off Spanish Springs is always busy from opening to close.

Completely agree - been to Darrell's a few times, nothing special at all. First Watch, a few times - and wonderful all around. Can't wait for their new location.

Perhaps the person responding earlier, extolling Darrell's, was... Darrell.:shrug:

EdFNJ 06-10-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1656773)
Completely agree - been to Darrell's a few times, nothing special at all. First Watch, a few times - and wonderful all around. Can't wait for their new location.

Perhaps the person responding earlier, extolling Darrell's, was... Darrell.:shrug:

Or his older brother Darrell.

Larry, Darryl and Darryl - YouTube

600th Photo Sq 06-11-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1656773)

7 of us dropped in on Darrell's, Pinellas Plaza, 4 out 7 ordered Cheeseburgers...etc..guess what all of the Cheeseburgers came out " Exactly " the same...just like like the frozen kind at most Supermarkets........hmmmmm

Chatbrat 06-11-2019 12:08 PM

It would great if there was a restaurant that offered something besides breakfast & lunch--we never eat breakfast and or lunch out--just go out for dinner 3 times a week--something different would be appreciated

Midnight Cowgirl 06-11-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq (Post 1657000)
7 of us dropped in on Darrell's, Pinellas Plaza, 4 out 7 ordered Cheeseburgers...etc..guess what all of the Cheeseburgers came out " Exactly " the same...just like like the frozen kind at most Supermarkets........hmmmmm

No big surprise regarding what you said about Darrell's.

At best, while I know they do have a following (which I will never understand), what they "turn out" is very mediocre.

They win the prize for portion control, what they serve seems to taste as though it comes out of a pre-fab package and their bread is . . . . meh!

Chatbrat 06-11-2019 12:26 PM

Price and convenience, IMHO, is what drives most restaurants in TV, quality is a distant 3rd--after hearing people praise mediocrity, time after time--all I can say is , nothing--they'll never get it

CFrance 06-11-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1656678)

Darrell's can't hold a candle to First Watch. I hope FW opens one in Trailwinds.

CFrance 06-11-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1656849)
Or his older brother Darrell.

Larry, Darryl and Darryl - YouTube

This is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl.:clap2::clap2:

JoMar 06-11-2019 02:59 PM

Isn't it great that there is something here for everyone.