Transportation to Ft. Lauderdale

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Transportation to Ft. Lauderdale

We have friends who are coming down in April for a stay, and then taking a transatlantic cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Other than air, can anyone suggest any available transportation from the Villages to the ship?
Old 03-11-2016, 09:39 PM

When we do a transatlantic either in or out of Fort Lauderdale, we rent a car one-way. It is really cost effective. There is a Hertz in Spanish Springs and an Enterprise in Sumter Landing that both rent one-way.

We are also doing a transatlantic out of Ft Lauderdale in April on the Caribbean Princess. Any chance your friends will be on that cruise? BTW, we're renting from Budget in Leesburg this time. Got a great price!

Pat
Old 03-12-2016, 07:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
We have friends who are coming down in April for a stay, and then taking a transatlantic cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Other than air, can anyone suggest any available transportation from the Villages to the ship?
We were planning to rent a car and drive but it turned out cheaper to let Yankee Trails do the driving - $45 each one way.

The car rental was around $40 but they wanted a $75 one-way drop off fee.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Online, I just reserved a large car (Ford Taurus type - 24 hrs) from Budget in Leesburg, drop off at Port Everglades, for $90, including taxes and fees.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
When we do a transatlantic either in or out of Fort Lauderdale, we rent a car one-way. It is really cost effective. There is a Hertz in Spanish Springs and an Enterprise in Sumter Landing that both rent one-way.

We are also doing a transatlantic out of Ft Lauderdale in April on the Caribbean Princess. Any chance your friends will be on that cruise? BTW, we're renting from Budget in Leesburg this time. Got a great price!

Pat
Thanks for the info......their cruising on RCCL
Old 03-14-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran member

Last year when we went to Brasil, we took one way Enterprise car. But then had to pay $30 cab from Enterprise office to ship. watch out for that hidden cost. paid on return also.
This year we go to Italy and using Yankee Trails. But they limit baggage. First transatlantic to Rome then a bit later first cruise of MS Konigsdam. Flying back from Rome

Tags
transportation, lauderdale, air, villages, ship, suggest, cruise, coming, friends, taking, stay, april, transatlantic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.