Transportation options to the airport

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Default Transportation options to the airport

We find the shuttle to be an expensive option to an airport only 1 hour away. $70 for 2 people. Has anyone come up with different options? How about we start a ride share board?
Old 05-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Default Airport shuttle

Have you found other options for shuttle to airport? Is the cost $35.00 per person? I will be flying alone. Can you direct me to more info on the shuttle?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:37 AM
Gold member

Have you tried to get a friend or neighbor drive you in your car? That way the mileage and gas are at your expense. They can then bring your car back and park it in the garage. It works for us.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeach View Post
Have you found other options for shuttle to airport? Is the cost $35.00 per person? I will be flying alone. Can you direct me to more info on the shuttle?
The Villages Transportation | Shuttle service to and from Orlando International Airport
Old 05-29-2017, 09:30 AM

If I were flying out of Orlando, I personally would not object to paying $35 per person each way. It sure beats my driving to the airport and paying for airport parking. It is only an easy 55 minute drive from where we live to the Orlando airport, but I don't like airport parking fees. Depending on flight departure time and length of time I will be gone, I might drive up the night before, stay at a hotel near the airport, use their shuttle to and from the airport, and just leave my car at their parking lot. A lot of hotels near airports have a park and fly rate where you stay the night and you can park you car there for a few days while gone.

If close friends offered to take me and pick me/us up, I would work out an arrangement with them.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:17 AM

We park at the Orlando Airport Marriott when flying out of MCO. You don't need to stay at the hotel; it is simply a parking w/shuttle service. You can book your parking reservation at snagaspace.com, pay for it with a credit card, and give the confirmation email to the attendant when you return from your trip. It is outdoor and self-park, but seems safe to us. Our recent trip was $73.27 for a 10 day period. Our total cost is parking, gas, and turnpike tolls which is less than the $140 for the Villages Shuttle and it is more convenient. The Marriott is just north of 528 on the same exit as the airport. Hope this helps.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:04 PM

There are a couple of individuals who will drive your car to the airport and return it to your garage. Cost is around $40. He will then get your car and pick you up on the way back. Used him for two guests. Cheaper than other methods. Not in Florida so I do not have his card. Keep looking,
Old 05-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdonze View Post
We park at the Orlando Airport Marriott when flying out of MCO. You don't need to stay at the hotel; it is simply a parking w/shuttle service. You can book your parking reservation at snagaspace.com, pay for it with a credit card, and give the confirmation email to the attendant when you return from your trip. It is outdoor and self-park, but seems safe to us. Our recent trip was $73.27 for a 10 day period. Our total cost is parking, gas, and turnpike tolls which is less than the $140 for the Villages Shuttle and it is more convenient. The Marriott is just north of 528 on the same exit as the airport. Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing this. We will look into it for our upcoming trip to Mexico! O' le!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Gold member

We always drive ourselves to Orlando Airport. We park at Wally Park and then take their shuttle. It's covered parking and it's open 24/7. Groupon has deals on their web site all the time. Currently it's around $6.00 a day with a maximum of seven nights. So your talking $42.00 vs $140.00 and you still have your car when you get off the plane.
Closed Thread

Tags
airport, options, start, share, board

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.