Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
How does ur insurance cover the riders?

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Google how does insurance work for Uber for a proper explanation.

There have been Uber drivers now and then over the last several years but they can't hang in there because of the money. There is simply not enough demand. The local taxi service must be running their business very well and it seems they take very good care of their cars.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:57 AM
Veteran member
Default transportation

[QUOTE=Opmoochler;1290633]Interested to hear this. A friend who drives for Uber in Vero Beach area was visiting recently and went online to see if there were any drivers here, and there wasn't a single one! Our learning disabled son works at Havana CC and depends on us for transportation to and from work. Walking would be terrific exercise (we are 1.2 miles away), but he can't safely get from Hadley across or under Morse Blvd or Odell Circle. Walking/biking through the golf cart tunnel is way too dangerous, and he does not have the judgement to drive a golf cart. The paths may be multi-modal, but the tunnels definitely aren't! I had hoped Uber might work for

From bbbbbb ,,,, We have found, do not walk in tunnels, do not bikes ride in tunnels. So, at a tunnel, we simply stay out of that drive, just walk or walk the bike across the streets thru the bushes so to speak. It takes some waiting for the traffic, just be patient, and would it not be nice if there were crosswalks put in, like the one at Canal near Sumter? Wonderful Idea. ]
It could be done and a big help, but???????????
bbbbbb
Old 10-28-2016, 08:01 AM
Veteran member
Default Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
My understanding, you download the uber app to your smart phone, and sign up with a credit card. All of the transactions are done by the app on your phone. No idea how you would be able to use uber without a smart phone and the app.
From bbbbbb VillageTinker, thank you, you are really a big help and the Talk program need more people like you who are really helpful. I have a friend who benefits from your recent comments.
Thanks again. bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
sumter, county, transportation, clinics, exception

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.