Transporting car from VA

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2021, 06:02 AM

I did the same thing when I moved out here. According to the company I used, I was limited to the amount I could load up my car with. However, since I was the only one on the trailer, it did not make a difference. I would pack your car with as much as you can. The driver at pick up can guide you if you are concerned.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:04 AM

Take the bodies out and you will have plenty of room.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

i have to agree with those suggesting the auto train-you can keep your car full-a few bomb dogs will sniff around the car b4 loading & that's it. good luck!
Old 06-18-2021, 06:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34gunner View Post
The last time I was going to have my car transported, the carrier would not allow items in the vehicle.
I agree they dont. They arent taking on the liability of missing or stolen items.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:35 AM

I drive cars back and forth for Villagers or anyone that needs a vehicle relocated. You can put whatever you want in the vehicle and I will have it here in a day. I have clients that used a trucking company and didn't get their car for 5 weeks. I drove a car to Dayton, OH a couple of weeks ago and last week I drove one to State College, PA. Please call me (Tim) @ 810-691-5085 for information.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:48 AM
Default Driver professional Driver with impeccable record. Will drive your car t

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinva View Post
We plan on having a sedan transported from northern VA to TV. We want to pack the trunk with clothes & whatever else fits in it.

Any suggestions? Recommendations?
A professional Driver with impeccable record. Will drive your car to and from the Villages. He is a Villager.
Call 503-550-9188

Thanks!
professional Driver with impeccable record. Will drive your car to and from the Villages. He is a Villager.
Call 503-550-9188
Old 06-18-2021, 07:19 AM

Come on the auto train. It leaves from Lorton and comes direct to Sanford, which is about one hour from The Villages.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:25 AM
Default Transporting car from VA

Quote:
We plan on having a sedan transported from northern VA to TV. We want to pack the trunk with clothes & whatever else fits in it.

Thanks!
Check out "We Drive It for You" or call Gary at 352 250 3086.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:27 AM

Call Gary at 352 250 3086 or go to We Drive It for You.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

Thanks!
Not sure what transported means. I assume you are having it shipped by someone other than you. They may well demand a key to the trunk. On many cars the same key for the ignition also fits the trunk. Others once inside the car the rear seat can be folded down so you can put long stuff into the trunk so as surely you must give them the key t get into the car, they can easily get into the trunk.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Make sure you let your transporter know that you want to pack stuff in your car. It may cost extra and it may not even be allowed. When the transporter picks up your car they probably will check to see if anything is packed in it.

Auto Train lets you pack anything you want in your car, even up to the roof. It leaves from VA and ends up in Sanford FL. It an overnight ride on the train from VA to FL.
That is true. I was in that business we asked that folks did not pack above windows and leave driver's seat open.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Page View Post
I have shipped my vehicle back and forth between the New England and TV a few times, with different carriers. As I understand it, carriers have two concerns:
1) Liability for lost, stolen or missing personal property
2) Weight.
So, officially, their position is: NO personal property in the vehicle. Unofficially, they verbally have told me that it is not a problem, but keep contents concealed. As a minimum, I have filled and covered the contents in the trunk, and covered contents on the back seat floor. One time I stretched the limit and packed the whole SUV and covered everything in a way that it could not be easily uncovered.
I have not had a problem and the covers have never been disturbed. I should note, I do not put ‘valuables’, especially small ones, in the car. Keep in mind, handlers are in and out of the car multiple times. Most carriers up north collect cars in small trucks and transport them to a secure parking lot for a day or 2 before loading them onto a car carrier.
Car haulers make very good money most will not be interested in your stuff. It's mostly weight concern.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:14 AM
Default Transportation

Quote:

Thanks!
I have used a company called U-Ship many times with great success. The delivery drivers "bid" on the price to deliver your vehicle. All done online, too.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller703 View Post
Just did it this week. Contact luke@youflywedrive.net. 5 stars. Professional, affordable, dependable. Price is all inclusive. Picked up the car in Roanoke airport, drove it to our door on TV. 317-228-7808
With the auto train you have to get your car to and from the train. With Youflywedrive, they pick up you car curbside when you get to the airport, and will drop it off at Samford or Orlando, or your door, in which case you just have to get the driver to Orlando airport. You can get a limo or use the Villages transportation. You can pack the car full, as long as you don’t block the rear window. No extra charge.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:03 AM
Default Sedan Transport

Quote:

Thanks!
We have moved our car back and forth from PA to TV many times. We always put as much as we can fit into it before we ship it. I have found that if you are shipping clothes, the best way is to use vacuum bags. The contract for the car shipment usually has an allowable weight for shipping stuff in the car, but I have never seen anyone argue about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
transporting, trunk, recommendations, suggestions, fits

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.