Transporting A Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2021, 09:50 AM
Default Transporting A Golf Cart

I'm looking for recommendations for a service or company that would transport a golf cart from Wisconsin to The Villages. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,129 Times in 2,241 Posts

If you are moving here, ask your mover if they will ship with the furniture, we did this with a car.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:57 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

I personally rented an open Uhaul trailer, had the golf cart shrink wrapped, and pulled the trailer behind my SUV. I took a 57 Chevy golf cart from The Villages to Illinois this way. Just a thought…
Old 10-20-2021, 03:56 PM
Gold member

If the cart you have does not go close to 20 mph you would be better off to sell it up north and not bring it to The Villages. I had a friend that brought one down and it did not have the gearing to have the speed needed here. He could not find anyone to make the changes to speed it up and the cart was worth less here than where he came from because of the lack of speed. Adjusting the governor will not compensate for wrong gearing.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:31 PM
Default shipping options

Try uship.com. Make sure you pick the option to that allows you to pick the price and carriers bid on the set price. If you have a certain price in mind, I almost guarantee you someone will bid on your posting. I agonized over ubox, uhaul etc. for months and found this be best value
Old 10-21-2021, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
If the cart you have does not go close to 20 mph you would be better off to sell it up north and not bring it to The Villages. I had a friend that brought one down and it did not have the gearing to have the speed needed here. He could not find anyone to make the changes to speed it up and the cart was worth less here than where he came from because of the lack of speed. Adjusting the governor will not compensate for wrong gearing.
I would also add that I know people up north who have golf carts that have knobby 26" tires, 6 inch lift kits and 6:1 gears that get them well in excess of 20mph(more like 35). Take that one under Buena Vista at Polo Ridge and it'll be a decapitating experience.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:05 AM

U ship to Indiana $500.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:30 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinDream665 View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for a service or company that would transport a golf cart from Wisconsin to The Villages. Thanks in advance.
Look for a mover from your hometown and see if they have an empty load heading to Florida.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
Excellent Point!!

Tags
golf, cart, transporting, villages, wisconsin

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.