Trash Disposal

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Platinum member
Default Trash Disposal

We've just moved into a CYV in Palo Alto and need to know where or how to dispose of some big items that we used to cushion items in our POD ie, blankets, pillows and a king size piece of memory foam that split in several places during the shipment. I hesitate to leave this pile of stuff for garbage pickup but do not know where to take it either. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Don't hesitate. I've seen the garbage people take toilets, old paint cans (a real no-no in California), a large piece of carpet, old furniture. If they can lift it, they will take it and, sometimes, for a $20 tip, they'll even take the stuff they can't lift. Just bag or tie the items so they don't blow away in a wind and you should be fine.

Of course, the blankets and pillows could probably be donated to a local animal shelter and be put to very good use.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Platinum member

Thanks Redwitch. I had not thought of donating the blankets, etc. Do you have one in mind? I don't know the area that well. Thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

I have donated many items to St. Teresa's on 301.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Platinum member

debfrommaine collects blankets, etc. for an animal sanctuary near TV. Her posts are on this board and she lives in TV.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.