Trash Moved

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2015, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Well according to the OP whoever moved it also "took a couple somethings out of it". The OP does not identify what was taken so we are left with pure speculations. As to moving the back to the curb one could also speculate that from the intruders point of view s/he was safer being closer to the garage door than standing out near the curb.

It is a good reminder for us all not to toss items that may be a venue for further exploration of your financial activities.

PS How do these people get through the gates unnoticed after dark? Perhaps they workers? Perhaps they live within the gates?
The reason I said that some things were removed from the bag was because my husband found 2-3 small items scattered on the curb. Could have been a human rummaging, trying to get to something "better" in the bag and then decided to move it to the garage door area. The lighting was better at the curb so if it WAS humans they moved the bag so they could be more invisible in that location. I HAVE actually observed people going through my neighbor's trash. I happened to be up in the wee hours when I heard a truck idling on the street. I looked out just in time to see 2 males and one female bailing out of a pickup truck that was hauling one of those landscape-type mesh trailers. It was loaded with "stuff". They didn't find any goodies in my neighbor's trash so they piled back into the truck and were gone as quickly as they appeared. We are extremely careful about what we throw out. Who knows what these people may have been looking for?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:15 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
The reason I said that some things were removed from the bag was because my husband found 2-3 small items scattered on the curb. Could have been a human rummaging, trying to get to something "better" in the bag and then decided to move it to the garage door area. The lighting was better at the curb so if it WAS humans they moved the bag so they could be more invisible in that location. I HAVE actually observed people going through my neighbor's trash. I happened to be up in the wee hours when I heard a truck idling on the street. I looked out just in time to see 2 males and one female bailing out of a pickup truck that was hauling one of those landscape-type mesh trailers. It was loaded with "stuff". They didn't find any goodies in my neighbor's trash so they piled back into the truck and were gone as quickly as they appeared. We are extremely careful about what we throw out. Who knows what these people may have been looking for?
Hi villagesflorida: It is disturbing to say the least. The thought that someone, anyone, would have the audacity to breach your privacy is chilling and a very common reaction.

The reason that I referenced the gates is because I once reported to Community Watch occupants who had lingered long after working hours driving around in a pick up truck with one guy riding in the back and now driving in our cul de sac. My initial thought was they were "casing" various streets. By calling community Watch they would be on the look out which includes gates.

Its difficult to gauge suspicious characters given the activity here but if we all avoid the benefits of neighborhood watch it only makes it easier for predators. In my situation I explained to Community Watch that I was only being cautious and that the reason for calling was there movement seemed unusual. Perhaps the people in this PU were searching for curbside items?
I see nothing wrong with this and these folks are welcome to it. I am actually pleased that such items find a home or make a buck or two for others.

I too shred anything that could assist such people but it seems no matter what we do criminals find ways of stealing our financial information.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-24-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Well according to the OP whoever moved it also "took a couple somethings out of it". The OP does not identify what was taken so we are left with pure speculations. As to moving the back to the curb one could also speculate that from the intruders point of view s/he was safer being closer to the garage door than standing out near the curb.

It is a good reminder for us all not to toss items that may be a venue for further exploration of your financial activities.

PS How do these people get through the gates unnoticed after dark? Perhaps they workers? Perhaps they live within the gates?

It's very easy. You just drive up to an unmanned gate, press the button and your in.

P.S. This why we put our garbage out in the early morning of the pick-up day.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

When we moved, We noticed that the Garbage truck came very early in the morning and many on our street put their trash out the night before. I suppose they were "beating the heat" and I don't blame them. As a early riser, it didn't bother me.

As far as I know, there is nothing in the "rules" prohibiting this.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
When we moved, We noticed that the Garbage truck came very early in the morning and many on our street put their trash out the night before. I suppose they were "beating the heat" and I don't blame them. As a early riser, it didn't bother me.

As far as I know, there is nothing in the "rules" prohibiting this.
Not at all. I always put the trash out early AM, I'm up anyway. Historically I was more worried about 4 legged animals, hate to see the appearance of "dumpster divers". Maybe I'll put my trash 6 feet back so it's on my property, not the ROW, and hang out with Mr. 12 gauge. No shells, just rack it once and I'll never see them again.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

" Do you hear that ? It's a shotgun son. Nothing else in the world sounds like that. I love the sound of a shotgun in the morning. It sounds like victory."
Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post

Betcha a nickel that it was the big black villages crows that are about the size of a tank and they are smart as tacks. They WAIT for trash to arrive and they come in groups and drag the bags around and make a mess.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
" Do you hear that ? It's a shotgun son. Nothing else in the world sounds like that. I love the sound of a shotgun in the morning. It sounds like victory."
Robert Duvall is proud of you
Closed Thread

Tags
moved, trash, door, front, curb, bag, garage, coyote, raccoon, driveway, drag, human, sort, move, rummaging, pains, imagine, animal, ideas, top, overnight, appeared, recycle, morning, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.