Trash Moved

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2015, 11:01 AM
Veteran member
Default Trash Moved

Noticed this morning that one of our trash bags, the regular trash, not the recycle, had been moved overnight, from the curb to in front of our garage door. It appeared that whoever, or whatever moved it got a couple of things out of it, through the top where the bag was loosely tied. I can understand someone, or something rummaging through it but why drag it off the curb, up the driveway, to right in front of the garage door? Anyone have any ideas as to what sort of animal might have taken these pains to move this bag? Can't imagine it was a human. Raccoon? Coyote?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Platinum member

Dragging up to the light so they can see in the bag?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Noticed this morning that one of our trash bags, the regular trash, not the recycle, had been moved overnight, from the curb to in front of our garage door. It appeared that whoever, or whatever moved it got a couple of things out of it, through the top where the bag was loosely tied. I can understand someone, or something rummaging through it but why drag it off the curb, up the driveway, to right in front of the garage door? Anyone have any ideas as to what sort of animal might have taken these pains to move this bag? Can't imagine it was a human. Raccoon? Coyote?
I'm betting the "animal" had 2 legs. Dumpster diving for financial info? Also, maybe it was more of a mess and a neighbor cleaned it up and got it off the street so it wouldn't happen again?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm betting the "animal" had 2 legs. Dumpster diving for financial info? Also, maybe it was more of a mess and a neighbor cleaned it up and got it off the street so it wouldn't happen again?
Never thought of that. But, nothing goes in our trash that any creep could benefit from. The shredder takes care of that.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Never thought of that. But, nothing goes in our trash that any creep could benefit from. The shredder takes care of that.
Was any of your neighbor's trash messed with? I would think both 2 and 4 legged animals would be interested in more than 1 bag (for different reasons, I hope) Unless something scared them off after 1 bag, they would probably be "looking into" others. And if something interrupted their scavenger hunt, why would they neatly put the bag by the garage---just exposes them to more light. So unless you have a habit of throwing out diamond jewelry or gold ingots and someone knows it, the whole thing doesn't make much sense.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Platinum member

Sounds like a human species looking for papers with numbers on them.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Sounds like a human species looking for papers with numbers on them.
In only 1 bag out of many? And the "dumpster diver" was a neat freak as well? Perhaps "Monk" with a financial problem.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Platinum member

Another vote for humans!!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Gold member

Moved up to where he would not be noticed for the time that he was picking through the bag.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:21 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Well according to the OP whoever moved it also "took a couple somethings out of it". The OP does not identify what was taken so we are left with pure speculations. As to moving the back to the curb one could also speculate that from the intruders point of view s/he was safer being closer to the garage door than standing out near the curb.

It is a good reminder for us all not to toss items that may be a venue for further exploration of your financial activities.

PS How do these people get through the gates unnoticed after dark? Perhaps they workers? Perhaps they live within the gates?
Old 09-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Eternal Member

How do these people get through the gates unnoticed after dark? Perhaps they workers? Perhaps they live within the gates?

Our roads are all public roadways so anyone can come in to any street in The Villages at any time they desire.

Naturally, the poster is correct when he says to shred any personal or financial material.

As for "pickers" taking trash or throw a way items from the end of my driveway, I threw it out to get rid of it - so I do not care who takes it.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Platinum member
Default trash at street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
How do these people get through the gates unnoticed after dark? Perhaps they workers? Perhaps they live within the gates?

Our roads are all public roadways so anyone can come in to any street in The Villages at any time they desire.

Naturally, the poster is correct when he says to shred any personal or financial material.

As for "pickers" taking trash or throw a way items from the end of my driveway, I threw it out to get rid of it - so I do not care who takes it.
I believe that when you put your trash at the curb it becomes the property of anyone that wants it. It really is on public right of way since your property may end a couple of feet before the curb. Correct me if I am wrong about that in TV. In the outside world the right of way is a few feet back from the road to allow for utilities.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Is rather they take something out of my garbage than add something. Not that I would take the chance of putting the garbage out the night before...
Old 09-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Sandtrap

Did it not come through that by definition of "worker" or "resident" that I understood the gates are on public property. ..that was the point

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

when have the gates stopped folks that don't belong here?

Tags
moved, trash, door, front, curb, bag, garage, coyote, raccoon, driveway, drag, human, sort, move, rummaging, pains, imagine, animal, ideas, top, overnight, appeared, recycle, morning, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.