Trash Option

Trash Option

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

NO!!!!!

Old 08-24-2019, 07:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I don't know that collection is the major cost of dealing with trash - maybe.

But, I am well aware of dumpsters. Where we live currently we drive to a "collection site" with dumpsters and I can see no way that site can be anything other than an eye sore. Second, people are in general slobs. There are always piles of garbage that "miss" the dumpsters. Even with a full time employee policing the site it is still a mess. It is such a problem they recently had to put up a security fence to close it off after hours and put up large signs indicating dumping on the ground would be prosecuted.

A good idea, but people are slobs and in practice it would be hard to make it blend in with the esthetics of TV.
Dumpsters would really be gross. Always smell, especially in warm weather. Flies, rats, stray animals, etc. They are just gross!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I agree even small changes in habits can add up to big savings on trash.
For those that use computers and still receive paper statements from The District office that contain monthly water, sewer, trash and amenity bills, please consider signing up for E-Billing.

Village Community Development Districts

By doing so, all of the information pertaining to your monthly bill will be emailed to the email you provide. You always have access to these records by returning to the districtgov.org to see the details and a complete history of your bills.

I am told by district staff that only about 15% of Villagers use E-Billing and that it costs around $9,000 per month to send out paper statements. So, save paper and help your Village District government save money by signing up for E-Billing. It's so easy to do!
Old 08-24-2019, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyseitz View Post
Oh, I’m not talking trash receptacles. I’m talking dumpsters. No more curbside pick-up. Take your trash to the postal station when you get your mail. Dumpsters will be emptied daily. One employee, one truck. I think it would be a huge cost savings for the trash company.
If every resident brought their trash to the Postal Station everyday do you realize what size dumpster you would need? Besides that the mess,smell, rodents etc. you would have. And then there's the weekend trash.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
For those that use computers and still receive paper statements from The District office that contain monthly water, sewer, trash and amenity bills, please consider signing up for E-Billing.

By doing so, all of the information pertaining to your monthly bill will be emailed to the email you provide. You always have access to these records by returning to the districtgov.org to see the details and a complete history of your bills.

I am told by district staff that only about 15% of Villagers use E-Billing and that it costs around $9,000 per month to send out paper statements. So, save paper and help your Village District government save money by signing up for E-Billing. It's so easy to do!
Good reminder, easy enough to do.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:10 AM
Veteran member

Location: Buffalo,Erie,Lynn,Hickory,Louisville,Charleston,Schenectady,Marblehead MA, TV Caroline

Did you ever notice that where you see dumpsters for trash (Garbage), you also notice odors and see the little gray rodent traps? Would make your trip to the mail center, pool and shuffleboard courts a new experience. Not to mention the joy from adjacent home owners.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post

I use E-billing for everything. But, I find it strange that, even after I pay my E-bill to the Leesburg Electric Co, they still send me a paper bill every month.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:20 AM

Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

No Way! I do not want a dumpster at the mail stations. This will also lead to outsiders hauling their trash and dumping it.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I have a shredder and anything that fits in it is shredded. Can usually go 2 weeks before the reash bag is full then it goes out.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

I would like to have a "pay for the trash you generate" option rather than a fixed monthly cost. It's not really fair to part time residents to pay for trash removal for long periods of time when you are not there!
Closed Thread

Tags
reduce, dumpsters, trash, labor, daily