Trash Pickup

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The contractor obviously does not have many trucks or crews.
And their contract must be by the day.

Very unlike TV to allow trash piles to sit around for weeks at a time.

Maybe the younger management members (not family) do not share the same sense of urgency as we have become expectant of based on past performances.
Now why didn't I think of that???? No golf.....count trucks and crew. REALLY?

There are other posters who are pi$$ed they don't know where the trucks are .... could someone that's counting the trucks please tell them. Thank you.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Another post that blames the Developer....getting old. We had a hurricane go through and the Developer and the District are working through FEMA to make sure we, as residents, don't get the bill. FEMA makes those rules. Of course you could have given is more details on what the Developer or District did the last time a storm of Irma's magnitude went through The Villages, that might have have helped us understand what your expectations are. Oh yeah, never had a storm this widespread go through.
As I understand this, FEMA is doing the clean up so we, the residents, don't have to pay the regular crews for working overtime.

Just wondering......what are the regular landscape crews doing while FEMA is doing the clean up of The Villages? I haven't seen any of the regular crews at all. I'm referring to the people who do the planting, cutting the lawns and blowing debris, putting down the pine straw, etc....... just the regular maintenance to keep our community looking so beautiful. Are these people out of work right now while FEMA is doing the clean up?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
As I understand this, FEMA is doing the clean up so we, the residents, don't have to pay the regular crews for working overtime.

Just wondering......what are the regular landscape crews doing while FEMA is doing the clean up of The Villages? I haven't seen any of the regular crews at all. I'm referring to the people who do the planting, cutting the lawns and blowing debris, putting down the pine straw, etc....... just the regular maintenance to keep our community looking so beautiful. Are these people out of work right now while FEMA is doing the clean up?
We got our hurricane debris picked up this morning.

It looks like many of the regular crews are working the usual planting, etc. along some of the ways (El Camino for one). The hurricane debris is still along El Camino. I didn't ask who was who, so I could be wrong about who is doing what looked like the regular stuff.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 09-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Now why didn't I think of that???? No golf.....count trucks and crew. REALLY?

There are other posters who are pi$$ed they don't know where the trucks are .... could someone that's counting the trucks please tell them. Thank you.
The Villages is not the same little small town that it was in 2004 and 2005. The hurricanes then just mostly dumped water on us. This baby was massive with massive damage. It may have been destruction within a few hours, but it will be MUCH longer than that for cleanup....especially the square mileage now as compared to those days.

We have had our hurricane debris out since we were first told to have it there; what, a week ago? They were here this morning. Even if we had to wait another week or whatever, at least we didn't have to figure out a way to haul it off ourselves! Thanks guys!

I think less complaining and more patience just might go a long way. Maybe this is a wakeup call about 'instant gratification'. I don't think anyone's debris is more important for cleanup than another's.

Good post, btw, CWGUY.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 09-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Well my guess is that they are doing triage, in other words addressing things more dangerous, such as ground instability and removing huge trees that have fallen and checking to see that no electrical wires have been displaced. I see them working everywhere. They were taking apart a huge oak that fell next to Laurel Manor Rec center a couple of days ago. There were at least eight of them and it looked like an all day job. I know that part of the front structure of Laurel Manor also blew off. I imagine they are carefully seeing that nothing would be dangerous for us Villagers to enter or to use or to drive near.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Ive seen the landscaping crews (Brightview) out cleaning many areas including the debris from tunnels and the MMPs. They are the workers putting the debris in piles for easier removal by the crews working from north to south.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
We got our hurricane debris picked up this morning.

It looks like many of the regular crews are working the usual planting, etc. along some of the ways (El Camino for one). The hurricane debris is still along El Camino. I didn't ask who was who, so I could be wrong about who is doing what looked like the regular stuff.
I haven't seen any regular crew on the roadways. There is really planting going on while hurricane debris is still needing to be cleaned up. I'm sort of surprised by that.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Sage

Good to know our regular crews are working to make pick up easier for the FEMA crews. Someone up thread said they saw crews planting. Again.....that sort of surprises me when there is so much more clean up that needs to be done.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

The problem is not limited to our area, read this;

Hurricane Irma debris: Removal could take weeks, officials urge patience - Orlando Sentinel
Old 09-22-2017, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The contractor obviously does not have many trucks or crews.
And their contract must be by the day.

Very unlike TV to allow trash piles to sit around for weeks at a time.

Maybe the younger management members (not family) do not share the same sense of urgency as we have become expectant of based on past performances.

e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/22/2017

Debris Collection Update 9/22/17 3:45 p.m.

As units of local government, the Village Community Development Districts are eligible for reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for storm debris collection resulting from Hurricane Irma. Each of the Districts located in The Villages have a contract in place with a FEMA approved debris hauler, Crowder Gulf, Inc.

Residents were advised that debris collection would begin on September 15, 2017 and that all storm related debris should be placed curbside on residential property, but not in roadways, and to not place debris in plastic bags. Please also refrain from placing debris on your driveway or in front of storm drain inlets or electrical boxes.

Crowder Gulf, Inc. is collecting debris 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m. until approximately 7:30 p.m. The contractor will complete one collection throughout The Villages community which is anticipated to take three more weeks for a community that is 44 square miles.

The initial collection began in Village Community Development Districts (VCDD) No. 3 and 4 with concentration on residential streets.

• The collection in VCDD No. 3 is 95 % complete.
• The collection in VCDD No. 4 began on the east side of Buena Vista which is scheduled to be completed September 22nd. The portion of VCDD No. 4 on the west side of Buena Vista will begin on September 23rd until completed.
• The collection for VCDD No. 2 will be conducted west to east following the completion of collection in VCDD No. 4.
• The collection in the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages began September 22nd. Once that area is complete, the contractor will begin work in VCDD No. 1.

Due to severity of storm related damage throughout the State of Florida, Crowder Gulf, Inc. is working with the resources that they currently have available. The District government is working with the contractor to obtain additional local resources to expedite debris collection.

The District government has stopped regular yard waste collection until storm related debris has been collected from your residential areas. Any residual debris left following pick-up by Crowder Gulf, Inc. should be included in your regular yard waste collection.

Please stay tuned to Village Community Development Districts as the collection process progresses in the community and additional updates are available. Please contact District Customer Service at 352-753-4508 if you have any additional questions.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Good to know our regular crews are working to make pick up easier for the FEMA crews. Someone up thread said they saw crews planting. Again.....that sort of surprises me when there is so much more clean up that needs to be done.
I called the Villages Waste Management for a large pickup of a grill and while I was on the phone she said the Villages regular crew won't be doing the normal (for us Wednesday) debris pickup that the Villages hired a private contractor to do it. It is a huge job. I've also noticed they are not doing mowing in certain areas where there are large piles of debris.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

I hope I'm home when the Trash is picked-up. I just might take a Video of it.....

The Villages Florida

Tags
trash, pickup, today, bag, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.