Trash Pickup

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Default Trash Pickup

We were told to have our trash out by 6AM this morning if we normally had trash pickup on Monday. They normally pick ours up between 7 - 8 AM, but have not picked up today as promised. Has anyone had trash pickup today that is normally scheduled for Mondays???

I had to chase 8 - 10 crows away from our white kitchen bag this morning, and ended up putting it under our black garbage bag to keep them from having Breakfast.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Sage

Not picked up yet here in Osceola.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl boomer View Post
We were told to have our trash out by 6AM this morning if we normally had trash pickup on Monday. They normally pick ours up between 7 - 8 AM, but have not picked up today as promised. Has anyone had trash pickup today that is normally scheduled for Mondays???

I had to chase 8 - 10 crows away from our white kitchen bag this morning, and ended up putting it under our black garbage bag to keep them from having Breakfast.
Did you try to call the number that is listed on the bottom left of your bill? (QUESTIONS ABOUT SANITATION PICKUP)

If not and you're still waiting for an answer I'll give it an educated guess. Maybe
they are picking up the normal route for Tues. first and then going to pick up Monday's route. Think that may be possible? Just a guess on my part.

I have Tues.& Fri. pickup and mine was picked up today. I would like to add that I think the G-men do a GREAT job!
Old 09-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ours was picked up this morning but doing some errands and checking on friends makes me realize that many, many, many times the amount of stuff is waiting at most everyone's curb, so things may be off schedule because of the daunting amount of pick up. Huge piles of branches and palm fronds are sitting along the edge of most everyone's driveway, especially in the parts north of 466.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Ours was picked up this morning but doing some errands and checking on friends makes me realize that many, many, many times the amount of stuff is waiting at most everyone's curb, so things may be off schedule because of the daunting amount of pick up. Huge piles of branches and palm fronds are sitting along the edge of most everyone's driveway, especially in the parts north of 466.
Info. on yard waste pick up:

Date: 9/12/2017

Yard & Tree Debris

To assist with debris cleanup, please move all of your yard debris as close to the road as you can. Please use caution to avoid all utility boxes and water meters when stacking the debris. While a timeline has not yet been finalized, crews will begin collecting debris that is placed at the edge of the road. This collection will be in place of your normal yard waste collection day. We appreciate your patience while this work is completed. If you have any questions, please contact District Customer Service at (352) 753-4508.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:50 PM

Just picked up in Gilchrist..
Old 09-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Waste management here has been nothing short of extraordinary for the 11 years we have lived here. These people do the impossible;albeit it may take them a little longer.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Waste management here has been nothing short of extraordinary for the 11 years we have lived here. These people do the impossible;albeit it may take them a little longer.

Personal Best Regards:

I see nothing extraordinary about trash pickup here or any other place we have lived.
I do remember needing a washing machine picked up. I propped the lid with a six pack of Heineken, they picked it up that morning.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I see nothing extraordinary about trash pickup here or any other place we have lived.
I do remember needing a washing machine picked up. I propped the lid with a six pack of Heineken, they picked it up that morning.
Careful Wiote you never want to offend a chef/cook or the waste management people

ou know the difference between a chef and a cook? a chef doesn't do dishes.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-12-2017, 04:45 PM

Still waiting in both Labelle North and South
Old 09-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Sage

No pickup yet in Osceola. My next door neighbor brought his back in.
I'm about to put out another bag.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

I called the number for the garbage pick up. A message said if your trash is not picked up on your regular day, take it in and put it out on your next regular trash pick up day. Message also said they are overwhelmed post storm so please bear with them.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I called the number for the garbage pick up. A message said if your trash is not picked up on your regular day, take it in and put it out on your next regular trash pick up day. Message also said they are overwhelmed post storm so please bear with them.

All they needed to do was start 3 hours earlier and work 3 hours later and poof, all trash picked up. Being overwhelmed is not a good excuse. They reneged on their statement from yesterday.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Sage

Trash not picked up yet, but not a problem to pick it up and put in the garage later if I have to. The trash company here is great and today they are working despite the fact that the crews might have problems with their homes or yards because of the storm...if you're complaining, cut them some slack please.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
...Being overwhelmed is not a good excuse...
Ehhh. Considering Irma, it works for me.
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, pickup, today, bag, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.