Trash Pickup

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I called the trash number yesterday afternoon.
She said they were doing double pickkups and would be late.
She said it could be late like 8 PM or so.....or maybe not at all.

It is still out there. Tomorrow is the normal pick up day so we shall see.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:53 AM
Default trash still here

In Poinciana, we are still waiting for trash pickup. I don't really wanna bring mine back inside...I think the dead armadillo will be getting a little over done.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

I put mine on tues am, was picked up this morning (Wed).
And guess what......THE SKY NEVER FELL!
Relax people.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Veteran member

Mine was picked up 15 minutes ago. They are coming...
Old 09-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Sage

When trash is not picked up, NYC 1981
The Villages Florida
Old 09-13-2017, 01:06 PM
Sage

Poor comparison....................
Old 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Poor comparison....................

It's a lampoon BS.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
We brought ours in last night, but put it out around 6 AM this morning. Trash was picked up around 9:30 AM (We are in Mallory Square). Note that they will NOT be picking up yard waste for a while, so it may sit at the end of the driveway.............
I'm in Mallory and our trash was picked up on schedule yesterday (Tuesday after the storm).
Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
When trash is not picked up, NYC 1981
The Villages Florida
If I recall correctly, that was strike conditions. I visited NYC during that time. Not a very nice smell!
Old 09-14-2017, 06:33 AM

I would say that the trash and recycle will be picked up, if not on your first day of the week, it will be on your second day.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:14 AM

The Village of Collier: Yard waste pickup scheduled for Wed not picked up yet. Its now Thursday. Trash and recycle were picked up Tuesday morning as scheduled.

Update 9/21/2017: Our village regularly scheduled yard waste pick up is Wednesday. No pickup yet. Its been over a week.

Last edited by HogPilot; 09-21-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPilot View Post
The Village of Collier: Yard waste pickup scheduled for Wed not picked up yet. Its now Thursday. Trash and recycle were picked up Tuesday morning as scheduled.
Recycle was picked up this morning as normal, and I was surprised to see another trash pickup today (our normal pickup day here in Mallory) after it was taken yesterday.

It was announced that yard waste will not be picked up for a while as crews were focused on removing storm damaged waste. Not sure when the yard waste will be picked up. We should all have patience with the yard waste pickups.......
Old 09-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPilot View Post
FROM Village Community Development Districts WEB SITE

To allow residents adequate time to assess needs and prepare debris on their personal property, debris removal is scheduled to begin on Friday, September 15, 2017.* The debris hauler, CrowderGulf, will pick up debris in marked vehicles beginning at 7:00 a.m. and will work until approximately 7:30 p.m. When stacking debris, please use caution to avoid any electrical boxes or water meters.*
In a community the size of The Villages, please understand that this process will take time.* Once CrowderGulf has serviced your area, you will resume yard waste collection on your normally scheduled day.* Normal yard waste collection service will not resume in your area until it has been serviced by the debris hauler, CrowderGulf.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:29 AM
Default Debris Removal

Quote:

To allow residents adequate time to assess needs and prepare debris on their personal property, debris removal is scheduled to begin on Friday, September 15, 2017.* The debris hauler, CrowderGulf, will pick up debris in marked vehicles beginning at 7:00 a.m. and will work until approximately 7:30 p.m. When stacking debris, please use caution to avoid any electrical boxes or water meters.*
In a community the size of The Villages, please understand that this process will take time.* Once CrowderGulf has serviced your area, you will resume yard waste collection on your normally scheduled day.* Normal yard waste collection service will not resume in your area until it has been serviced by the debris hauler, CrowderGulf.
I understand the debris removal was supposed to start Friday; I wonder if anyone has seen them? In my travels around TV, I have not seen any evidence of debris removal. Has anyone else noticed them in your area?
Old 09-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

WOW! It sure would be nice if the District Gov. had a web site and passed on all the important information to us. I guess until they do we can get all our information and misinformation right here.
Oh! They do have one.
And anyone can sign up at : VCDD e-Notifications Sign Up
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, pickup, today, bag, morning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.