Trash pickup days need to be alternated

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Shirley, you can't be serious...
Of course I'm serious Timmy and stop calling me shirley.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnuke View Post

Yes, I’ve notified the District, but you know 1 voice only goes so far.
2022 has been a busy year for you! Moved to The Villages and are already fighting for injustices!

Was hoping for some traction on an issue in my neighborhood. I acquired 40-50 large blue trash bags for free and have noticed that they look so much nicer compared to my neighbor's use of white and black bags. It's worth noting that with the blue one cannot see the actual trash like one can with the white trash bags and doesn't hold the heat like the black bags. I don't want to force the entire Villages go to the blue bags....just my village and the 3-4 closest to me.

Old 12-06-2022, 12:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 384 Posts

I often wake up at night worrying about the trash pickup schedule
Old 12-06-2022, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Now this is the text-book definition of a "First World Problem"
Old 12-06-2022, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarAirlines View Post
2022 has been a busy year for you! Moved to The Villages and are already fighting for injustices!

Was hoping for some traction on an issue in my neighborhood. I acquired 40-50 large blue trash bags for free and have noticed that they look so much nicer compared to my neighbor's use of white and black bags. It's worth noting that with the blue one cannot see the actual trash like one can with the white trash bags and doesn't hold the heat like the black bags. I don't want to force the entire Villages go to the blue bags....just my village and the 3-4 closest to me.

Trying to start a business for my wife knitting garbage bags but she only knows how to do it using blue yarn? Is that allowed?
Old 12-06-2022, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Have you considered that Half of the TV residents get many more trash ‘Non-pickup days’ than the other half? This imbalance is caused by standard Holidays falling on Mondays & Thursdays.
Thus, half of the villagers are getting less service for the same fees as others..

In 2022; If your in a Monday & Thursday trash pickup Village- you had 5 weeks with a holiday (plus 2 Hurricane weeks) of ‘Non-pickup days’. The Tuesday/Friday villages had none (0) due to holidays…

In 2023, this unequal pattern continues...
The Monday/Thursday villages will be impacted by 4 holidays; while the Tuesday/Friday villages are only impacted by 1 holiday.

We all pay the same monthly garbage collection fees; but half the Villagers get less service for their money (due to more holidays falling on their trash pickup days).
Year after year - I say it’s unfair. Thus, a need to either alternate the Trash-pickup days every year. ‘Or’ charge Mon/Thurs villagers a lower monthly fee.

Half of you will agree; because you’ve had to hold your trash for a week (7 times) this year…. The others won’t because of little impact on them.

Might be a good idea to get a life.........
Old 12-06-2022, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Shirley, you can't be serious...
Don’t call me Shirley.
Old 12-06-2022, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Have you considered that Half of the TV residents get many more trash ‘Non-pickup days’ than the other half? This imbalance is caused by standard Holidays falling on Mondays & Thursdays.
Thus, half of the villagers are getting less service for the same fees as others..

In 2022; If your in a Monday & Thursday trash pickup Village- you had 5 weeks with a holiday (plus 2 Hurricane weeks) of ‘Non-pickup days’. The Tuesday/Friday villages had none (0) due to holidays…

The Monday/Thursday villages will be impacted by 4 holidays; while the Tuesday/Friday villages are only impacted by 1 holiday.

We all pay the same monthly garbage collection fees; but half the Villagers get less service for their money (due to more holidays falling on their trash pickup days).
Year after year - I say it’s unfair. Thus, a need to either alternate the Trash-pickup days every year. ‘Or’ charge Mon/Thurs villagers a lower monthly fee.

Half of you will agree; because you’ve had to hold your trash for a week (7 times) this year…. The others won’t because of little impact on them.

what a wonderful life you must have if this is the only thing that bothers you , also how many days a week did they pick up the trash where you came from ,in Boston it was once
Old 12-06-2022, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
what a wonderful life you must have if this is the only thing that bothers you , also how many days a week did they pick up the trash where you came from ,in Boston it was once
Agree with you but back in Va at least we had garbage cans to keep our garbage.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Mcnuke, Decafe, Decafe
Old 12-06-2022, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Agree with you but back in Va at least we had garbage cans to keep our garbage.
I have one in TV. We keep it in the garage... I line it with a big garbage bag and pull out the bag on trash day... Easy Peazy...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-06-2022, 07:43 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

Life just doesn’t seem fair sometimes. But isn’t this a great country or what?
Old 12-06-2022, 09:08 PM
Platinum member

Just think of all the renters that get their trash pickup for free!
Old 12-06-2022, 09:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have one in TV. We keep it in the garage... I line it with a big garbage bag and pull out the bag on trash day... Easy Peazy...
Dont let the two old biddies catch you.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:22 PM

In Citrus Grove I like how one maybe renter left their trash at the Citrus Grove Postal office. How classy was that on a Friday after we didn't have service of Thursday. 3 bags of untied trash.
Closed Thread

Tags
trash, half, pickup, villagers, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.