Travel NB in Golf Cart beyond CR466

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 06:31 PM
Question Travel NB in Golf Cart beyond CR466

General Query: Want to Travel to VA on CR42 Northbound via Buena Vista by Golf Cart. Under normal circumstances this has never been a problem for me. However, the newspaper indicates that Tunnel (B9) by Saddle Brook is closed for repairs.
Called Villages administration and asked how and where to go if tunnel is closed. After being passed around to three different people I was informed there was a detour in that area. I asked where it takes me to in order to continue north but NO response was known.

HELP from a knowledgeable source would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Old 09-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Just follow the detour signs and you will be okay. I would drive my car but that is just me. Anything over 20-25 minutes in a golf cart (except to golf) and I drive my car. But to each his own.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Per the VCDD email today, the tunnel is SUPPOSED to be open back up this Saturday, 9/23.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Veteran member

Here's how I would do it. There are a number of options but I would be most comfortable with this one. Take the Multi Model north on BV to the tunnel under BV just after Palmer. Follow to Belvedere Rd (bypass the tunnel under Belvedere) and follow Belvedere to the gate after Pimlico Rec Center. Get back on the MM after the gate and cross Parr Drive, go under the tunnel at 466. After the tunnel, take a right onto Wedgewood (your first right after the tunnel). Follow Wedgewood all the way to the end, and take a left onto Southern Trace. Go though the gate and follow Southern Trace to the end at another gate. Take a left onto the Multi Model path, and you will be back on the Buena Vista Multi Model path going north and you will be beyind Saddlebrook. Hope that helps.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Just follow the detour signs and you will be okay. I would drive my car but that is just me. Anything over 20-25 minutes in a golf cart (except to golf) and I drive my car. But to each his own.
Thank You....However, I would take a car if I had access to one on my appt. date at the VA BUT I do not "BUT to each his own"

Still looking for response on how/where detour takes you?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:49 AM
Sage
Default Detour

It takes about 10 extra minutes. The only place they missed a sign is coming out of the tunnel under BV to get onto Parr Drive. There are a bunch of signs there but not one to tell you to take a right.

Lets see if this googlemap works:

Google Maps
Old 09-21-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
It takes about 10 extra minutes. The only place they missed a sign is coming out of the tunnel under BV to get onto Parr Drive. There are a bunch of signs there but not one to tell you to take a right.

Lets see if this googlemap works:

Google Maps
That makes sense to me...Do Not understand why administration could not tell me that? I thought once you arrived at the saddle brook tunnel there would be detour signs there!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:53 PM
Platinum member

Most folks working in the administration office do not live within The Villages. After living here a few years you should know different ways to get around. Don't blame others.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Most folks working in the administration office do not live within The Villages. After living here a few years you should know different ways to get around. Don't blame others.
Really!!!! How am I to know that most as you say do not live in the villages and work in administration.

As a courtesy they should say I do not live here or I am not familiar with that area or something that would indicate a lack of knowledge.

They are the people responsible to disseminate info about these items so I would expect three people in the office should not just leave a villager with an I do not know.

I do know my way around very well but as originally written I just wanted to know where the detour would take me so I could better judge my time for my doctor appt.

If you cannot go to Village administration and they do not know who to ask then where does a Villager go?

It must be nice to know everything about the workers here and where to obtain information, because apparently you do!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

A tad shorter -- after you go through tunnel under 466, keep going straight, around the church behind Publix (Summerhill). Turn left on Davenport, right at end of street. At the end of that street, there is a cart path which pops you over to the next village (Belle Air?). Go to end of street, turn right, left on Oak Forest to stop sign. Right and left back on BV path.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
A tad shorter -- after you go through tunnel under 466, keep going straight, around the church behind Publix (Summerhill). Turn left on Davenport, right at end of street. At the end of that street, there is a cart path which pops you over to the next village (Belle Air?). Go to end of street, turn right, left on Oak Forest to stop sign. Right and left back on BV path.
The Village is Glenbrook. At the end of Davenport, turn right on Auburndale. When Aubrundale begins to turn right, there is a golf cart cut through on the left. You come out on Addison. At the end of the street, turn right onto a Tally Ridge. Take this all the way to the gate where you will turn left back onto the BV multi-modal trail.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Thanks, ml. I know how to get almost anywhere, but I really stink at street names.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Thanks, ml. I know how to get almost anywhere, but I really stink at street names.
Me as well. If the person with the flag pole in their backyard at the corner of St. Charles and Buttonwood drive ever takes down the flag I will never find my way to Red Fish Run!
Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
The Village is Glenbrook. At the end of Davenport, turn right on Auburndale. When Aubrundale begins to turn right, there is a golf cart cut through on the left. You come out on Addison. At the end of the street, turn right onto a Tally Ridge. Take this all the way to the gate where you will turn left back onto the BV multi-modal trail.
Thank You
Old 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Me as well. If the person with the flag pole in their backyard at the corner of St. Charles and Buttonwood drive ever takes down the flag I will never find my way to Red Fish Run!
lol, at least it's unlikely the big electric box at that corner will be removed any time soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
travel, tunnel, closed, cart, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.