Travel w/cats from S. Jersey to TV--Need motel

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Default Travel w/cats from S. Jersey to TV--Need motel

My sister needs a reasonable place to stay at while driving from S. Jersey to TV. Where can she stop at (motel like Comfort Inn) half way to TV that will accept animals? What do they charge for the animals and where do you stop?
Old 03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Best Western, Red Roof Inns, Quality Inn, LaQuinta to name a few that accept pets, usually for little or no charge and, of course, Motel 6. She can also check http://www.petswelcome.com/ for other places.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We will be leaving soon to go North. Out two cats, Mikey, Harry and Hershey are about to have their halters put on, and in the last two days they will walk around the house and lanai dragging leashes.

I know they are glaring at me.

I hate to leave too.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Smile

Thanks Dee for the info. I'll pass the website on to my sister. Gracie you always make me laugh!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We will be leaving soon to go North. Out two cats, Mikey, Harry and Hershey are about to have their halters put on, and in the last two days they will walk around the house and lanai dragging leashes.

I hate to leave too.
Poor Mikey, Harry and Hershey. Whatever did they do to deserve the incarceration thats about to befall them. Oh well, at least I'm sure that with your benevelency, that you'll give them time off for good behavior once you reach Ohio!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:

I hate to leave too.

When we start packing our 15# male 2 YO Tuxedo cat is among the missing. At the last minute before we leave, I have to look everywhere to find him and then chase him around the house until he gets cornered and I can grab him to put him in a cat carrier and later release him in the PU camper shell. When we get to where we are going he won't come out and I have to climb into the camper shell and pull him out.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Veteran member
Cool

with pets Red Roof Inn is the place we go
Wanabee future TVer
Old 04-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Jeff Bieberfeld
Default pets hotel

i stayed at the hampton inn in fayetteville, nc on the way down from penna. our cat, zao, was very well behaved and no one knew whe was there in thehotel with me.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Default Pet friendly motel

We have always stayed at a La Quinta with our cats. We normally get reservations via the internet ahead of time. So far, everything has worked fine during three trips between The Villages and up North.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman View Post
with pets Red Roof Inn is the place we go
Another Red Roof fan.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We can and do...make the trip in one day...about 15 hours.

Our dear neighbor just returned to Chicago and reported that Sukie got under the bed in a motel...the bottom was framed in and somehow Sukie found a place near the headboard and slithered in. THEN wouldn't come out. They had to take the mattress and boxsprings off and finally got to her.

Our cats KNOW when we start the preparations. There is a decided interest when I start really cleaning and washing the interior of the refrigerator about a week before we go, then some more nervousness when I pack some boxes and stuff from the pantry. Total hiding occurs when the lanai furniture comes indoors. That is the reason for the halters, snugly fit and the leashes, so we know where they are and can pull them out if need be.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Default Hotels for Pets

We stayed at LaQuinta Inns on our last trip to and from TOTV. There is no extra fee for pets, they offer a free breakfast and the rooms were clean and comfortable. We looked at other chains but the ones that accepted pets often had a rather steep fee.

We have four cats and they all traveled well in our Van. We leave them out to roam the van and after an hour or so they all settle down and nap- no tranquilizers required for them or us. They all get caged whenever we stop or need to open a door.

Good luck with your travels.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannej View Post
My sister needs a reasonable place to stay at while driving from S. Jersey to TV. Where can she stop at (motel like Comfort Inn) half way to TV that will accept animals? What do they charge for the animals and where do you stop?
Google it. We have travelled and kept a cat in the room in a few hotels, but
don't remember the names. I was surprised to find that it wasn't a problem.
Good luck.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;341569]We will be leaving soon to go North. Out two cats, Mikey, Harry and Hershey are about to have their halters put on, and in the last two days they will walk around the house and lanai dragging leashes.

We are coming in September to look for a home. won't be able to move for another year tho. We also have 3 cats (they have two humans is far more accurate). Will drive from Ohio to TV when the move happens but haven't yet come up with a plan to transport the "girls" comfortably...Any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Sage

[quote=KatzPajamas;347152]
Quote:

We are coming in September to look for a home. won't be able to move for another year tho. We also have 3 cats (they have two humans is far more accurate). Will drive from Ohio to TV when the move happens but haven't yet come up with a plan to transport the "girls" comfortably...Any suggestions?
KatzPajamas,
to TOTV. Love your name. I am also owned by my cat. Good luck in your house search.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.