Tree on common area to be trimmed

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Default Tree on common area to be trimmed

Hi, I have the above, big oak tree that branches pass into my property. They give good shade, but also block the sun light that makes it hard to grow lawn or plants. Also, I don't want them to damage my property when we have storm.

The landscaper told me that it's belonged to TV, I should contact TV to trim the branches. I am new here and don't know where to go or what number to call. Would anyone guide me to the right direction please and/or share your experiences if any. Hopefully, TV will come without much of the work for me.

Thank you,
Ratana Dong
Old 12-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Probably here:
VCDD District Property Management

Or go right to the top:
VCDD Administration

Old 12-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Probably here:
VCDD District Property Management

Or go right to the top:
VCDD Administration
You are a Berrrry Berrrry helpful individual to everybody. You are way to nice to be from N.J.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You are a Berrrry Berrrry helpful individual to everybody. You are way to nice to be from N.J.
When I can - I do; and will always try!

For sure I'm from Jersey! Sand between my toes and a Jersey edge no one wants to meet! lol

Old 12-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If typical, TV will tell the problem, I.e., branches are on your property and you are responsible for those branches. You can trim any parts of a tree overhanging your property so long as you don’t injure the tree in the process. This is true whether owned by an individual (neighbor) or an entity. Not sure about any portion that overhangs an easement bit I imagine someone at TV can tell you that.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-03-2017, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I believe that if the limbs hang over your property they're fair game for trimming. And the nice thing here is that you don't have to worry about power lines.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
branches, property, tree, guide, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.