Trespassing

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2017, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
As to people viewing a home for sale. I do not disagree with what you say. However and again we are talking about expectations vis a vis intent...the reality is the home is being advertised. a prospective buyer wants to look all around the home. In addition the home in question is on a golf course and the people will want a view of that course they will view the advertisement as an invitation and if they are in the initial stages of an investigation of location , etc they will not want to engage the homeowner yet. Again some will call some will not but once the home is advertised it sets in motion the unexpected....and right and wrong matter little.
You're right; there are always prospective purchasers that want to check out a property's location, before booking a showing.
They don't want to "bother" the resident with a showing.
If only they knew that residents, in general, are way more bothered by trespassing than a scheduled showing!
It's especially disconcerting to find someone peering in your windows.

Last edited by Barefoot; 09-19-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Ah here we can revert to the discussion of we have a communications problem or the EXPECTATIONS
VIS A VIS INTENT DILEMMA .

I contend that the wide spread advertisements and selling of this home changes the status of people coming onto this property from trespassers to invitees and as such unless the homeowner in her advisement made clear that no one was allowed on the premises without a prior appointment creates a dilemma.

While I understand your meaning of call ahead, it would appear to be "common sense" by some people to deduce that since the property is for sale it is open for inspection.

Actually I would welcome people to come take a look kick the tires because I want to sell my house and I want to sell it quickly
..but that's another topic.

For homeowners who have lawn service, pest control etc you have what is referred to as licensee, allowing them to come onto your property to provide the service you pay for.

People are over reacting and applying a dichotomy to this issue and in some respects its puzzling to me.

The house is for sale "for sale" begs take a look, the expectation would be some people would not want to contact the owner with any kind of commitment until they had a look, a sincere interest in the property.

If this intrusion was happening to the homeowner and the house was not for sale well that's a horse of a different color

Personal Best Regards:
Thanks for your input.
If driven by curiosity, the realtor not only has pictures of the house and interior, there is also a video tour and a drone flyover. The lot is 3/4 of an acre. For these people to be right up on my house is worrisome. The home can be seen by appointment only, and I did this because I seriously enjoy my privacy...sale or no sale. Friends and neighbors can walk in my yard and are always welcome to drop by. I draw the line when total strangers are behind my house. It is right on Lake Sumter, so they really had to take a long walk to get here, and there is no reason for them to be back there. Curiosity is not a reason. I don't think a sale will be lost because they could not walk all around the yard unannounced. Many people have driven around the cul de sac several times to look. If they are interested, the realtor would be happy to show the home and property. If I see them stopped and looking, I may offer to walk around with them. Otherwise, I really hope they will look from the street or cart path, then call the realtor.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
Thanks for your input.
If driven by curiosity, the realtor not only has pictures of the house and interior, there is also a video tour and a drone flyover. The lot is 3/4 of an acre. For these people to be right up on my house is worrisome. The home can be seen by appointment only, and I did this because I seriously enjoy my privacy...sale or no sale. Friends and neighbors can walk in my yard and are always welcome to drop by. I draw the line when total strangers are behind my house. It is right on Lake Sumter, so they really had to take a long walk to get here, and there is no reason for them to be back there. Curiosity is not a reason. I don't think a sale will be lost because they could not walk all around the yard unannounced. Many people have driven around the cul de sac several times to look. If they are interested, the realtor would be happy to show the home and property. If I see them stopped and looking, I may offer to walk around with them. Otherwise, I really hope they will look from the street or cart path, then call the realtor.
Where exactly is this house? I would like to make an appointment to see it.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-20-2017, 08:26 AM
Sage

At the dead end of Ternberry Forest Dr, Bridgeport Lake Sumter.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
At the dead end of Ternberry Forest Dr, Bridgeport Lake Sumter.
This home has one of the best views, if not the best view in all of The Villages. It looks out on the Lighthouse and Lake Sumter and the Waterfront hotel..... AND the golf course. The interior has been enlarged and made even more beautiful by the inhabitants who enjoyed the home for many years. It has an awe inspiring grand staircase to a second floor view that is amazing. The owners have used the best contractors and the best materials and have used their own excellent taste to make this house magnificent. I know Sam (who is a girl) is leaving it with much sadness. They are using Mary Grant who is one of our neighbors as the listing agent. I hope someone will love it like the people who picked it and made it even more beautiful. I hope Samhass will enjoy her beautiful home near Philadelphia for awhile and then decide to return.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-20-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Sage

Thank you, Grace, for that beautiful description. We have loved being here. It just isn't the same without my sweetheart. I am not sure why we thought we would live forever, but we did. We had such joy in this house, and I hope the buyer will experience that same joy.
I was happy to be so close to hospice, too. He spent his last eight days there. I go up on the balcony , gaze over at the building, and try to mentally communicate with him. I will be taking him home to the woods and we will have our ashes joined when it is my time. I have a favorite rock that overlooks the valley, and our joined ashes will be cast to the winds. We will add alkalinity to the forest floor below, and parts of us will go into the stream that travels on to the Delaware, then to the Atlantic. From there, we will travel the world. So, we still have plans, the two of us.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Thank you, Grace, for that beautiful description. We have loved being here. It just isn't the same without my sweetheart. I am not sure why we thought we would live forever, but we did. We had such joy in this house, and I hope the buyer will experience that same joy.
I was happy to be so close to hospice, too. He spent his last eight days there. I go up on the balcony , gaze over at the building, and try to mentally communicate with him. I will be taking him home to the woods and we will have our ashes joined when it is my time. I have a favorite rock that overlooks the valley, and our joined ashes will be cast to the winds. We will add alkalinity to the forest floor below, and parts of us will go into the stream that travels on to the Delaware, then to the Atlantic. From there, we will travel the world. So, we still have plans, the two of us.

Sam, your description of the life you led with your beloved husband and your plans to be together in eternity brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing to have experienced such a full and happy union.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Nice, God Bless
Old 09-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post

Sam, your description of the life you led with your beloved husband and your plans to be together in eternity brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing to have experienced such a full and happy union.
My feelings also. God bless.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Thanks for your input.
samhass:

You and i have no disagreement. Your view is based on what happened, end result of your advertisement. Again mine is from expectations. some people will just want to drop by for a quick look. it may not be right but it is the human experience.

I spoke with my lawn guy about this issue and he instructed his staff to stay within the boundaries of the lawns they are trimming.

Your reaction is appears to favor a number of residents living here

I looked at homes in your neighborhood when they were being built. Lovely location.

Best of luck with your sale.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-21-2017, 08:45 AM

I had a guy prowling around the front of a home I had for sale. He bought the home. You never know!
Old 09-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
I had a guy prowling around the front of a home I had for sale. He bought the home. You never know!

Ha ! Good thing you didn't shoot him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
jeriteri..... been my point all along...thank you
Closed Thread

Tags
yard, property, trespassing, people, private

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.