Trolls!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmark33 View Post
Approximately two weeks ago a community standards representative came by and told me I must remove the white cross from my front yard. It was apparently reported by a “troll“. I have taken the necessary steps to correct this deficiency. However, in going around our community in tall trees I find white crosses all over the place, along with other numerous violations of yard ornaments and and unkept yards. I don’t know if I was one person who they singled out for some reason or nobody else has taken care of any violations that had been reported. If the person who reported me for the cross would like to come by my house at 2166 Smoaks , I would be happy to introduce them to my style of religion.
You might want to ask any community standards people that knock on your door for ID. It is my understanding that they communicate any perceived offense in writinging through the mail. Also, correct me if I am wrong. There was a flap about crosses last year that went to the courts. The outcome, if I remember correctly, was that the removal of crosses could not be unforced due to religious feeedom or svonething along those lines. Can anybody confirm this.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:08 PM

Trolls Suck !
Old 07-24-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenail444 View Post
if I remember correctly, was that the removal of crosses could not be unforced due to religious feeedom or svonething along those lines. Can anybody confirm this.
Putting up white crosses is NOT Freedom of Religion, its more of an Advertisement or Promoting a religion...
Old 07-24-2020, 01:49 PM

You should come by and look at my front yard. The Crosses are holding up beautiful red tomato plants. They are growing with such abundance, perhaps because the crosses are holding them up, and I have so many that when people stop to look and comment, I give them a half a dozen. Perhaps now everybody can appreciate the value of a little white cross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
The person stated their address- that should work.
Honestly, I love the tomato plant idea. Sounds like the start of a new movement 👍
Old 07-24-2020, 01:50 PM
Smile Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Yes! If you would like to see what your Village can become without lawn ornament/yard art restrictions, take a ride thru the historic side's original villages!
The Trolls are employees of the Villages. The Villages uses this way to keep their hands clean so that they can say somebody complained. The trolls have no BALLS to confront anybody. Fair warning at some point in time the trolls identity will be found out and then The Villages management will really have a big problem.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:57 PM

///

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizemo33 View Post
You should come by and look at my front yard. The Crosses are holding up beautiful red tomato plants. They are growing with such abundance, perhaps because the crosses are holding them up, and I have so many that when people stop to look and comment, I give them a half a dozen. Perhaps now everybody can appreciate the value of a little white cross.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:58 PM

A lot of faith haters here.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Trolls Suck !
That's one opinion..... I think people that agree to follow rules and then don't suck even more. And I also think that people that defend the rule breakers suck the most. This is all just IMHO.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmark33 View Post
Approximately two weeks ago a community standards representative came by and told me I must remove the white cross from my front yard. It was apparently reported by a “troll“. I have taken the necessary steps to correct this deficiency. However, in going around our community in tall trees I find white crosses all over the place, along with other numerous violations of yard ornaments and and unkept yards. I don’t know if I was one person who they singled out for some reason or nobody else has taken care of any violations that had been reported. If the person who reported me for the cross would like to come by my house at 2166 Smoaks , I would be happy to introduce them to my style of religion.
I'm very interested to learn which religion requires its adherents to stick white crosses on their lawns. Is that some off-shoot of Christianity? Because I searched the old testament, and the new, and even the ancient Hebrew and Aramaic texts and the Talmud, and I find absolutely zero reference to "white cross" or "front lawn."

I do see that you must bind the ten commandments as a sign upon your gates, but that is the law for the mezuzzah and it goes on the frame of your door, or can be affixed to your actual gate, if you have one. And, that would only be if you're Jewish - and it wouldn't be a cross. And it doesn't have to be white.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:56 PM

Put it on the inside of the Front window of Your home
Old 07-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
That's one opinion..... I think people that agree to follow rules and then don't suck even more. And I also think that people that defend the rule breakers suck the most. This is all just IMHO.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenail444 View Post
You might want to ask any community standards people that knock on your door for ID. It is my understanding that they communicate any perceived offense in writinging through the mail. Also, correct me if I am wrong. There was a flap about crosses last year that went to the courts. The outcome, if I remember correctly, was that the removal of crosses could not be unforced due to religious feeedom or svonething along those lines. Can anybody confirm this.
Not sure what you are thinking of, but I know of no such case or ruling. If there were such a ruling, why would the OP be asked to remove his cross?
Old 07-24-2020, 06:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Ironic

What is really ironic is the people who are advertising they are following their Christian Faith are the same ones violating it's premise. The last I saw it was not Christian to brag about your faith and make your neighbor who may be Jewish or Muslim,etc to feel
uncomfortable which is exactly what happens when you boast about your religion. It is fine to have a cross in the yard when it is Christmas or Easter as it is an appropriate way of celebrating that particular holiday. To justify a bold sign type of notice that you are Christian is totally inappropriate according to the source you are using to make the statement to look me"which is the intent".

Last edited by PennBF; 07-24-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:57 PM

Amen!
Old 07-24-2020, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Sure is a lot of sucking going on..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
reported, cross, person, yard, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.