Trolls!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Assurance

I think it is safe to say that a cross in your yard will not buy you a little piece of Heaven! You will be judged by your deeds!!
Old 08-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,143 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I think it is safe to say that a cross in your yard will not buy you a little piece of Heaven! You will be judged by your deeds!!
Deeds!! I see what you did there
Old 08-02-2020, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
So, essentially you're saying that white crosses aren't religious symbols, and shouldn't be characterized as such. That doesn't mean they couldn't be "lawn ornaments" as a deed restriction might prohibit, but your research as you state it finds no biblical references to white crosses. So, surely they can't be deemed as Christian symbols, right? Of course, insofar as anyone knows, there were no "front lawns" as we would understand them today in biblical times.
No, I'm saying very specifically that unless your religion requires you to put a white cross on your lawn, then the placement of that cross on the front lawn, specifically, as opposed to any other color cross, anywhere else on your property, is NOT protected by "freedom of religion."

You can put that white cross on the doorpost of your house. You can put it in your back yard. You can put it anywhere inside your house and from what some posters claim here, in some of the villages, you can put it under the eaves of your domicile.

The excuse people use for putting them there is "my religion says I should display a cross." And maybe it does. But I've seen no religious text requiring that anyone display a WHITE cross, on the FRONT lawn.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm wondering if it's OK to display the white cross in the window of your home facing the street. A few years ago they did away with For Sale signs on the lawns and allowed them in the windows. I see political signs in windows so I wonder if crosses and anything else that you might want to display are allowed in the window.
As far as I know there are no restrictions about religious symbols inside the home against the window.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:45 PM

The cross has nothing to do with Christmas!
Old 08-03-2020, 07:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree the rules are the rules and I signed a piece of paper saying I agreed to abide by the rules. However since TV doesn't enforce the rules and relies on the tattletales to do the job for them then the tattletales should turn in everybody that has violations period. Two houses side by side with the same violation one gets turned in the other doesn't that's just wrong period! I'm not talking the white cross to me that's just stupid. Read your restrictions some day when your bored then ride down your block and look around you'd be amazed and that's only the one's you can see in the front yards never mind the rear yard shrub plantings in the utility right of ways etc. Now I'm done I vented for the day! Enjoy your day and be safe!
Old 08-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts
Default You signed the rules

Anything that affects property values ,I’m against . While I may not mind your theme park of statues across the street, maybe some potential buyers doesn’t want to look at some petting zoo. As for the crosses I sense some arrogance about them
, you know the type I’m a better Christian then you because I show it . I think some of these people would be complaining if there neighbor put up a pentagram in there front yard, just like I want a manger on public land at Christmas but I don’t want a Buddha or atheist symbol . Many people on here wish for the old days here , well I was here in the old days and the family was very strict about rules , the neighborhood watch was around giving out cards even for a few weeds .Im a city dweller and in cities you have chaos and that’s fine and In planned communities you have compliance and that’s fine also
Closed Thread

Tags
reported, cross, person, yard, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.