Trolls!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2020, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Yes! If you would like to see what your Village can become without lawn ornament/yard art restrictions, take a ride thru the historic side's original villages!
Would have thought the villages would have been more uniform as to standards.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
So in other words some districts allow it and some do not?
Correct, some places get their areas manicured better then others. Could be because of County efforts and not the Villages....
Old 07-23-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Yes! If you would like to see what your Village can become without lawn ornament/yard art restrictions, take a ride thru the historic side's original villages!
I like the atmosphere view of the Historic Side for some reason, much more personal touches then the military-base view of others..
Old 07-23-2020, 09:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default White crosses

Wait till you see my yard at Christmas time. 50+ white crosses, all sizes, c'mon troll's check it out.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-23-2020, 10:25 PM
Veteran member

Calling people "trolls" because they report deed restrictions is indicative of childish self entitlement. Flouting the rules is wrong, not enforcing them.

Quote:
So in other words some districts allow it and some do not?
The deeds have evolved in the decades since The Villages was first established, with many new restrictions added. Older villages are normally grandfathered in and are not required to adhere to newer rules. (No "for sale" signs being one fairly recent exception.) It's why whenever anyone here asks what they can and cannot do, the only answer is for them to read their own document.

The Historic District has rules about mobile home skirting and notifying the developer if residents will be gone for more than 7 days, but nothing against lawn ornaments or seasonal decorations all year. Homeowners could install a cemetery full of white crosses on their lawns and would have a good defense should anyone complain.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:47 AM

Coward - rat line - that’s all it is - he’s knows who rated him out . Watch your back . You should have asked maybe there was good reason why this was occurring.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:05 AM

Just put it back.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:12 AM

Oh my God, don't we have other stuff to worry about right now ? Is a little white cross in someone yard really bothering you ?
Old 07-24-2020, 05:25 AM

There’s one thing I’d like TV to change in their reporting policy. Let the reporter remain anonymous, but when the inspector goes out to check the violation he or she must also go out and inspect the reporter’s home for violations as well.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:28 AM

That is one reason I won't live in a homeowners association community. They can act like the gestapo. The more you comply the farther they go. Your cross isn't hurting anyone. Too much time on their hands. It's all about control but with so many excuses to explain why they need to control your life.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:29 AM

To the author: you say it was trolls, but you were the only one they targeted? That seems strange...maybe it was a neighbor you don't get along with? You say you're a Christian but would like to introduce the complainer to "your style of religion." That sounds aggressive and you've demonstrated a very good reason the anonymous system is in place. The bottom line is you violated your covenants...deal with it. That other neighbors haven't been turned in is the way life is...not always fair.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:36 AM

Put it up on your house. Having said that, it is clear that these restrictions are unevenly applied.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:39 AM
Default TV established a new signage precedent . . .

. . . when they allowed signage on the roads in front of the various country clubs recently that announced curbside meal pickup service (during our pandemic). Ergo, therefore and consequently, I deem this newly-created precedent by the developer to also apply to ME! So, I'll put up signage within the confines of MY property as I may see fit. Quid pro quo, Baby! Two sets of rules = hypocrisy. Bring it on!
Old 07-24-2020, 05:41 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
To the author: you say it was trolls, but you were the only one they targeted? That seems strange...maybe it was a neighbor you don't get along with? You say you're a Christian but would like to introduce the complainer to "your style of religion." That sounds aggressive and you've demonstrated a very good reason the anonymous system is in place. The bottom line is you violated your covenants...deal with it. That other neighbors haven't been turned in is the way life is...not always fair.
"You say you're a Christian but would like to introduce the complainer to "your style of religion." That sounds aggressive and you've demonstrated a very good reason the anonymous system is in place."

I completely agree. There's really only one reason that someone would want to know the name of the people turning them in for deed violations and that would be for retaliation of some sort.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmark33 View Post
Approximately two weeks ago a community standards representative came by and told me I must remove the white cross from my front yard. It was apparently reported by a “troll“. I have taken the necessary steps to correct this deficiency. However, in going around our community in tall trees I find white crosses all over the place, along with other numerous violations of yard ornaments and and unkept yards. I don’t know if I was one person who they singled out for some reason or nobody else has taken care of any violations that had been reported. If the person who reported me for the cross would like to come by my house at 2166 Smoaks , I would be happy to introduce them to my style of religion.
The old trolls , a drive around many neighborhoods will reveal many violations, follow the directive for now then put it back out.
Closed Thread

Tags
reported, cross, person, yard, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.