trouble getting on to TOTV

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-23-2013, 02:48 PM
jimgo929@comcast.net jimgo929@comcast.net is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default trouble getting on to TOTV

Any suggestions?? 2 friends Couldn't get on talk of the villages website yesterday and today
  #2  
Old 03-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Arctic Fox's Avatar
Arctic Fox Arctic Fox is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,388
Thanks: 3
Thanked 151 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgo929@comcast.net View Post
Any suggestions?? 2 friends Couldn't get on talk of the villages website yesterday and today
tell them to try again now - problems seem to have been resolved
  #3  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM
TOTV Team's Avatar
TOTV Team TOTV Team is offline
Administrator
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,671
Thanks: 28
Thanked 153 Times in 33 Posts
Default

They need to contact their internet provider. I bet they are Century Link. For some reason they are having an issue with their customers accessing the site.
  #4  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 38,796
Thanks: 3,616
Thanked 3,560 Times in 1,238 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

We have Verizon Wireless and couldn't get on from yesterday morning until just now.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #5  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:41 PM
westcoast westcoast is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 163
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

The site was down, it would be nice to know why.
  #6  
Old 03-23-2013, 04:43 PM
TOTV Team's Avatar
TOTV Team TOTV Team is offline
Administrator
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,671
Thanks: 28
Thanked 153 Times in 33 Posts
Default

The site was not down. You can look at the post history and see users online all day over the past couple of days. You can always check any website with a tool such as this:

Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

That will tell you if the issue is with the site or on your end.
  #7  
Old 03-23-2013, 05:56 PM
janmcn janmcn is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Post

The site was not down. I've been posting all day today and yesterday, and wondering where in the world is Gracie? I was about to call 911.
  #8  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is online now
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,507
Thanks: 3,101
Thanked 1,153 Times in 532 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
The site was not down. You can look at the post history and see users online all day over the past couple of days. You can always check any website with a tool such as this:

Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

That will tell you if the issue is with the site or on your end.
Can you explain what "OUR"problem was?
Thanks.
  #9  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Irishmen Irishmen is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 326
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Same here both Century Link and mobile AT&T.
  #10  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:55 PM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 3,379
Thanks: 1,135
Thanked 389 Times in 158 Posts
Default

We were down all yesterday and today. Contacted the admin who said it wasn't "down". We are on CenturyLink so ???? Glad things have been resolved. Though a week or so ago, this had happened as well.
  #11  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Virtual Geezer Virtual Geezer is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 613
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

DNS issue or router down at IP address 66.228.118.214. This is where things timed out and your connection process stopped. DNS was not resolving the domain name to the IP address of TOTV either.

Using Xfinity / Comcast here and I had been down for 2 days. I also tried the Lake Miona Rec Center. There I was able to connect there yesterday at about 3:00 using Windows 7 but not Windows 8. Now that is really odd. All other web sites worked properly using either 7 or 8 and yes I rebooted several times. Same lap top set up for dual boot.

Smart phone using Tap-A-Talk was also down today and it uses the Sprint network.

VG
  #12  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Mack184 Mack184 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 621
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We have Verizon Wireless and couldn't get on from yesterday morning until just now.
Missed you. I haven't been able to access TOTV for days either. Google kept putting up the "site not found" slate.
__________________
"I did not get into rock-n-roll just to pick up chicks. However..I was able to adapt". Ted Nugent
  #13  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Blackie Blackie is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 248
Thanks: 61
Thanked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer View Post
DNS issue or router down at IP address 66.228.118.214. This is where things timed out and your connection process stopped. DNS was not resolving the domain name to the IP address of TOTV either.

Using Xfinity / Comcast here and I had been down for 2 days. I also tried the Lake Miona Rec Center. There I was able to connect there yesterday at about 3:00 using Windows 7 but not Windows 8. Now that is really odd. All other web sites worked properly using either 7 or 8 and yes I rebooted several times. Same lap top set up for dual boot.

Smart phone using Tap-A-Talk was also down today and it uses the Sprint network.

VG
I'm on Century Link and have not had any issues, other than the occasional 2 or 3 second slowdown, over the last several days.

However, I use Google DNS Servers on my iPad.

Perhaps your DNS settings on your Windows 7 is different from Windows 8 hence the issue between the two.

Perhaps try either Google or Open DNS settings.
  #14  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 PM
gigim112 gigim112 is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Santo Domingo Village & Toms River, NJ
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
tell them to try again now - problems seem to have been resolved
Must have been certain areas..i couldn't get on yesterday & most of today, until now..I have Prism (Century Link), but also can use Verizon wireless, too & had problems getting into this site...Glad I'm in here now....I was beginning to wonder & my friend also had the same problem. I just texted her to tell her i was able to log on to TOTV!! )
  #15  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Bettiboop's Avatar
Bettiboop Bettiboop is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW FL panhandle - soon to be The Villages!
Posts: 561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just FYI: Was unable to get on most of today. I use AT&T DSL (Windows 7). Tried my Verizon mobile and that wouldn't bring up TOTV either. Has been happening off and on for several days now with TOTV. No problems connecting to any other site for me.
__________________
Betty
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.